Roleplay / TV Tropes The Adventure
TV Tropes: THE ADVENTURE! is a Play-by-Post Game
created by Sonikfan112 on Nintendo Nsider2 Forums. Set in The Metaverse
, the RP follows the story of TV Tropes itself as the evil overlord Report Siht
begins to wreak havoc upon its residents. In an attempt to liberate TV Tropes from this menace, a Troper by the name of Kuuxo assembles a trio of characters from different works of fiction to help him take back his home: Sammy the Surfing Skeleton
, a children's cartoon character designed to help children overcome their fears of monsters, Drakko von Leatherpants
, a former anime villain, and Danny Dingo
, an anthropomorphic dingo
and australian police officer. The trio is later made into a quartet by the addition of Stage Magician
Jonothan Carter, aka "Jon the Amazing". It is then made a quintet by the addition of a NPC named Keita-Kuhn, a Author Avatar
of a RPer of the same name.
It can be found here.
TV Tropes: THE ADVENTURE provides examples of the following:
- Ambiguously Gay: Drakko. Possibly more like ambiguously bi seeing as he seems to care about his fangirls to some extent.
- At the Crossroads: While not the strictest definition, every section of TV Tropes (Video Games, Anime, ect) are treated as floating platforms with doors that have things over them to represent to what page they lead.
- Australian Accent: Danny.
- Author Avatar: Quite a few.
- Big Bad: Report Siht
- Bilingual Bonus: Kuuxo is roughly a shortened version of the japanese word "Kuuxo-to" which means "quote".
- Bishōnen: Drakko, and he's not afraid let everyone know it.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: This has happened to Sly, Bentley, and Murray.
- Car Fu: Danny does this while running into a pair a ninjas, with his car.
- Cowboy Cop: Danny. Any cop who runs people over in his truck and carries a shotgun can't be playing by the rules.
- Deadpan Snarker: The Narrator.
- Dem Bones: Sammy.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Drakko rips his shirt off to distract a group of ninjas.
- Drop the Hammer: Kuuxo.
- Expy: Danny is Mad Max in furry form.
- Improbable Weapon User: Sammy and Danny both use surfboards as weapons.
- Land Downunder: Danny
- The Metaverse: In this RP, each website is essentially its own country, and each of the tropes in TV Tropes is the equivalent to a city.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Sonik has described Kuuxo as "A mixture of Kraid and Escargoon if that mixture as five feet tall".
- Mysterious Past: Jon. As he puts it, "A magician keeps his secrets".
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Drakko is supposed to be a villain, yet he never actually does anything villainous. Considering he's pretty much a personification of the Draco in Leather Pants trope (a villain whose evil deeds are downplayed by fans) this makes some sense. That, and the fact that he's too obsessed with his looks to pay attention to how he's supposed to behave.
- Power Trio: Sammy (Ego), Drakko (Superego), and Danny (Id)
- Schedule Slip: Occasionally.
- Shout-Out: "For Nintendoki's sake!"
- In fact, the entire thing is a shout out to TV Tropes itself.
- Stage Magician: Jon.
- Totally Radical: Sammy.
- Unreliable Narrator: The Narrator.
- Verbal Tic: Kuuxo, haha, temporarily develops one, haha, from spending too much time, haha, on the Speed Racer page, hahaha.
- What Kind Of Lame Power Is Sensing Penguins, Anyway?