Roleplay: Realms of Hyrule
Realms of Hyrule is a Play By Post Role-Playing Game that is set in the world of The Legend of Zelda. Specifically, it takes place several decades after Ocarina of Time on the Adult Timeline.Several decades after the fall of the Dark Lord Ganondorf at the hands of the Hero of Time, the Kingdom of Hyrule is thrown in turmoil as the King is assassinated and Queen Evelyn goes missing leaving only the King's brother, Prince Logain, to lead the country until Princess Zelda is old enough to ascend to the throne. Meanwhile, in Termina, the mayor of Clock Town, Alaric von Voltaire, plots to overthrow Hyrule's monarchy using a terrorist group know as The Masks to free his fellow Sheikah that he views as oppressed. It isn't long before the game rapidly changes as primordial gods and ancient evils are added into the midst of things. Now Hyrule stands on the brink of war with Termina while the entire world is quickly spiraling towards destruction at the hands of The Archon.You can join either the heroes or the villains as they try to achieve their goals or go about your own business entirely unrelated from theirs as well as join guilds, partake in Mini-Quests, or enjoy yourself in the Out of Character forum known as The Tavern. You have all of Hyrule and Termina to explore and a very active member base to do it with.
This RP provides examples of:
- Big Badass Battle Sequence: The Battle for Kakariko in which around nineteen different players joined together with almost the entirety of Hyrule's military in order to route the undead and reclaim Kakariko.
- Demonic Possession: It happens with a fair amount of frequency. Most notably with Alaric von Voltaire who got possessed by The Archon.
- Despair Event Horizon: Hyrule as a whole crossed it when The Archon revived Bongo Bongo and used him to destroy Kakariko and kill roughly 80% of its population.
- Eldritch Location: Kakariko became one after it was destroyed by Bongo Bongo and covered in a thick miasma by The Masks. It was one of the largest cities in Hyrule and almost everyone that died in it turned into an undead monster. After being successfully reclaimed, it's slowly returning to normal.
- Gondor Calls for Aid: After ascending to the throne after the death of his predecessor, Prince Regent Victor makes an appeal citizens of Hyrule during his coronation ceremony to take up arms and fight to reclaim Kakariko.
- Living Bodysuit: This is what Alaric becomes after The Archon completely takes over.
- My Greatest Failure: There are several of these for various character.
- Shout-Out: There are many of these all over the place to various sources.
- Soul Jar: Alaric's soul is bound to a gem after being expelled by The Archon.