It has been seventeen years since the Great War
raged across the lands of Gaia, and led to the fall of Queen Bharne and Kuja. The remnants of the dying world of Terra, and all the souls still inhabiting the world would be assimilated into Gaia, the ultimate irony since Terra was attempting to assimilate Gaia into its world. As a result, the souls of the denizens of Terra would eventually fall into the hands of the Genomes, creatures created by Garland for the purpose of assimilation. Many Genomes who received Terran souls would travel outside the confines of the Black Mage Village and explore the world, some of them relocating and eventually living in former Terran ruins in the Forgotten Continent, namely Oeilvert and Ipsen's Castle.
The heroes that saved Gaia went on to live their lives. Garnet and Zidane became Queen and King-Consort of Alexandria respectively, while the Alexandrian Pluto Knight, Adelbert Steiner married longtime rival and fast friend Beatrix. The world had seen peace between nations for the first time in years, but recent events threaten to shatter the peace.
Oeilvert, a young and upstart town, rapidly expanded over the course of the past 10 years an expansion that slowed as a conflict brewed over the right to see who would become King of the new nation, a conflict of succession that ended with the rise of the Genome known as Cyril.
Cyril, an enigmatic figure, began preparations for an invasion on the Mist Continent, threatening to drag Gaia down once again into the flames of war. Even with heroes old and new, will it be enough to stop this new threat?
Final Fantasy IX: Scars of Terra is a Forum RPG created by Razgriz 2K9
(currently under the name Noblesse Oblige) which began June 5, 2011. Set 17 years after Final Fantasy IX, this story focuses on Lieutenant Annelise Steiner, the daughter of General Beatrix and the now General Adelbert Steiner, as she comes of age
in a time where the world is once again plunged to war. While it casts war in a much darker light
than Final Fantasy IX did, it still shows many bright parts as the heroes fight to put an end to the conflict.
The original RP ended in May 2012 due to many members leaving and lack of effort to try and get everything together. But a remake is now in the works, and people can sign up here.
Find the original RP here.
A Character Sheet
has been made, and will also include notes from the original RP.
This RP (and its Remake) Provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Hoo Boy, with a great many of the characters in story playing active roles in the heat of battle, you'd be hard pressed to find one who's not this.
- The Alliance: It's believed that Alexandria, Lindblum, Burmecia and Cleyra are allied with one another against Oeilvert.
- Amazon Brigade: The Alexandrian Army in general, the Blue Winged Knights in Particular.
- Babies Ever After: Zidane and Garnet have two children, Steiner and Beatrix had one in Annelise, but the one that takes the bait is Freya and Fratley, with 5 children, one being a party member, the other, the Queen of Burmecia.
- Battle in the Rain: Battle of Burmecia
- Big Badass Battle Sequence: The Battle of Burmecia
- Boisterous Bruiser: Atalanta
- Boobs of Steel: Like Mother, Like Daughter I always say.
- Atalanta, being the giant she is also well endowed, and is hands down the strongest female character in the RP.
- Bounty Hunter: Atalanta is this.
- Central Theme: While this story takes on a similar theme as the original game (Don't change the past, but look forward to change the future) It also takes on another theme: Cherish those who you care for the most, because some things do not last forever.
- Civil War: The Oeilvert Civil War serves as a major part of the backstory of this Roleplay.
- The Cynic: Magic Knight. The Bishop borders on Nietzsche Wannabe
- Decade Dissonance:Very much so subverted this time with Burmecia, which not only rebuild their city, but also managed to build up a superb defense that defeated its more tech-superior opponent, Oeilvert in battle.
- Emperor Scientist: Regent Cid again, but it looks like Eiko is going to fall into this role as well.
- Failure Knight: General Gisale, once you learn about her backstory.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Due to the research the GM has put into this, he had given each nation-state some form of this in the original:
- Alexandria: The stylings of Alexandria is predominantly German (and politically akin to Prussia), but it has some Greek influences as well.
- Lindblum: England/Great Britain in all aspects.
- Burmecia: Militarily and Politically, Burmecia is similar to that of Tsarist Russia, but it is culturally similar to that of the Northern European/Scandinavian regions, Sweden in particular.
- Cleyra: Like Burmecia, culturally similar to Scandinavia (in particular Denmark-Norway), but Militarily and Politically similar to Switzerland.
- Oeilvert: Napoleonic France
- Ipsen: Hapsburg Austria/Austria-Hungary
- Conde Petite: Scotland, natch.
- Daguerro: The Italian Merchant Republics (Venice, Genoa, Pisa and Almafi)
- Esto Gaza: A Cultural and Political Cross between the Papal States and Spain.
- Five-Bad Band
- Five-Man Band: In the Original RP
- Giant Eye Of Doom: Due to its inherent symbolism, it shows prominently on the flag of Oeilvert.
- Golden Snitch: Like the Zaghnol from the game, there is the Kaiser Behemoth, who provides the most points in this tournament. Unfortunately it didn't matter now that Oeilvert began attacking Lindblum
- Hellhound: Cerberus, now a summon in Remilla's aresnal
- Improbable Weapon User: Eiko's Flute which also doubles as a wrench.
- Lady of War: Anne, Gisale, and Alleria in the Original RP.
- Last of His Kind: Turns out the summoners aren't so rare as people think... (The Bishop and Remilia being Summoners at the moment)
- Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!!
- Matriarchy: While Alexandria is now relaxing its laws and limits against the males in the country, it is still predominantly a matriarchy, with Garnet ruling as Queen Regnant and Zidane as her consort.
- Petal Power: The Cherry Blossom Attack used by Freya and Robert. It is assumed Fratley knows this as well.
- Steam Punk: With the decline of Mist as a power source, Steam based technologies have become more prominent in Gaian society.
- Wrench Wench: Eiko has been learning the business of engineering from her adopted father. Bonus point for her flute doubling as a wrench.