Roleplay: Duel Academy R 2
-centered RPG, which is fairly Original Character-centric. Probably the longest-running one on Livejournal, characters have decided to attend the illustrious Duel Academy
for a variety of reasons. Various original characters deal with the normal high school worries while having to deal with the extensive amount of apocalyptic scenarios
. Hilarity Ensues
This game provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe: Stayed fairly consistent with the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX plot early on, though they branched off around the Dark World Arc. Has interpretated various Yu-Gi-Oh plots since then.
- Big Screwed-Up Family: The Samasu family line (of which six or seven characters are a part) has a long running history of being supernaturally powered - and with that, being completely off their rockers in one way or another.
- Boss in Mook Clothing: They took Gren Maju Da Eiza, a rather weak level 3 monster, and turned it into an Eldritch Abomination Mind Hive that took the most powerful characters in the cast to bring down.
- Broken Masquerade: Duel Spirits, due to a few recent plots, are able to come and go easily into the city of Domino/Duel Academy, and most people within the city know of them.
- Butt Monkey: Haitayuu Onnifuji is generally considered this or a Cosmic Plaything depending on the day.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Wakahisa Noriko, the only counselor at Duel Academy, is effectively a caring Eldritch Abomination who enjoys messing a bit too much with her patients' minds.
- Came Back Wrong The characters chosen to be the Dark Signers.
- Darker and Edgier Steered heavily this way during the Dark Signers and 'Gren Maju Da Eiza' plot, and the community has since been taking large steps to avoid that.
- Fetish Fuel Station Attendant: Counselor Wakahisa.
- Japanese Honorifics: Used where appropriate. It also keeps the Japanese names for most characters.
- Post Script Season: Currently one or two years past the end of GX - and Juudai/Jaden's graduation.