Recap: Yu Gi Oh The Abridged Series S 3 E 9 Stepbrothers Sin
- A God Am I: Noah tries to proclaim himself. It backfires when Yami asks him to actually prove it.
- Am I Right?: Yami uses this to mock Kaiba for having Watapon in his deck. Even Joey calls him a Noob for it.
- Angrish: This is the only sound Kaiba is capable of making after being Taken for Granite.
- Anime Hair: "Now, let's make this duel quick. Because I have an urgent hair-sharpening appointment I have to get to."
- Black Comedy: Kaiba is in no way sympathetic to Noah's untimely death. The jokes he makes about it hit Refuge in Audacity hard."Why did the little green haired punk cross the road? To show that he had guts. And man did he have guts.""Why did the paramedic cross the road? Because there was a dead kid lying in the middle."
- But He Sounds Handsome: Kaiba can't resist calling himself rich and handsome while doing an imitation of Noah crying after losing a card game.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Kaiba throws up in his mouth and crosses his fingers behind his back before actually managing to admit that he cares for his brother.
- Good Times Montage: Parodied. Kaiba tries to invoke this during his "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight with Mokuba, but it turns out that their entire relationship is filled with nothing by verbal abuse.
- Heroic BSOD: Yami goes through a brief one after Noah supposedly kills the robot monkey.
- Hypocritical Humor: Yami really shouldn't be making fun of Watapon when he knows damn well that there is a Kuriboh in his own deck.
- I Gave My Word: Averted. Yami does not do good on his promise to never use Kaiba's Blue Eyes card.
- Interrupted Declaration of Love: Tea tries to direct one at Yami right before being Taken for Granite. Yami is not impressed.
- Off Model: Kaiba is terrified by a particularly creepy frame of animation where Noah's face gets distorted. It only gets worse when something similar happens to Joey.
- Potty Failure: Noah's supposed tendency to do this becomes a Running Gag.
- Shout-Out: The dragon train in the Virtual World's Kaiba Land is actually Thomas the Tank Engine, complete with theme song and Lemony Narrator.
- Tempting Fate: The day Kaiba lets Yugi touch his deck is the day he admits that he loves his brother, and that's ne- oh.
- That Came Out Wrong: Joey's explanation for how he and the gang located Kaiba and Noah sounds like quite the Noodle Incident.Joey: Well, it all started when I picked up my monkey and then I started to spank it in front of everybody-Kaiba: On second thought, I don't think I wanna hear this story.