"Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged! It's just about the only show Nick Simmons didn't plagiarize."
— Yami Yugi
- The Aristocrats: Tristan tells his version. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), we only get to hear the punchline.Tristan: Why isn't anybody laughing?Yugi: Hey Tristan, remember back in season one when you were still funny?
- As You Know: Kaiba and Mokuba discuss their adoptive father in this manner for the benefit of the audience.
- Button Mashing: Kaiba demands that his crew try to press random buttons to fix the sudden loss of control of his blimp. This plan goes about as well as you'd expect.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Referenced."You know what they say... fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, you're going to get curb-stomped by Seto Kaiba.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Kaiba despises the idea of Yugi sympathizing with him over their mutual daddy issues.
- Erotic Dream: Joey has to wake both Tristan and Duke up from some very suggestive sounding dreams.
- Hypocritical Humor: Tristan (who underwent a temporary voice change back in season one) calls The Big Five's voice changes "impossible".
- In Memoriam: This episode (and the Team Rocket reference in particular) were done in memory of Maddie Blaustein.
- The Load: Serenity worries that her character no longer has any baring on the plot and that she'll be written out of the show. After mulling it over, Joey concludes that she does serve a purpose in the show: she gives Duke and Tristan a reason to be there.
- Psychopathic Manchild: The Stinger reveals that the reason that Noah reached the main characters before Melvin did is because Melvin had been doing a hide-and-seek countdown before actually going out to hunt down and murder everybody.
- Staring Contest: Yugi has weekly ones with his Millenium Puzzle. He's lost to it sixty eight times.
- Tempting Fate: "It sure is good to know that our father could never come back from the grave to try and ruin our lives through some highly improbable means!"
- Your Mom: Noah defaults to this insult.Kaiba: Hey, uh, question. Are you just going to paraphrase old movie and TV quotes at us, or are you actually going to do something?!"Noah: Your mother.