Recap / Yu Gi Oh The Abridged Series S 3 E 2 Penguin Ex Machina
season three. It's like a fanfic
, only written by actual writers!"
- Anything but That!: Gozaburo's reaction to little Kaiba threatening to call him a chicken if he doesn't play a chess game with him.
- Berserk Button: Gansley's threat to cut Yugi's hair after acquiring his body is enough to prompt a Let's Get Dangerous! moment from Yami.
- Bi the Way: Duke has a disease where he requires half-naked girls at regular intervals. Half-naked boys don't do the trick, but that's not to say that Duke hasn't tried.
- Butt-Monkey: Kuriboh. Even after he helps Yami to win a duel and locate Tea, Yami still treats him like dirt.
Yami: No. No, I don't love you.
- Call-Back: There's a reference to a glaring moment of Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping that Yugi had back in episode six. It's remembered with the most over the top I Am Very British moment possible.
Bloody 'ell! Oy, mate, did you just throw a bloody 'arpoon at me? Shut it, ya knob head! Cor, what a fucking moppet. Bloody 'arpoon and everythin'. I coulda got done in there! Right in fron' of me bird
! What a fit bird she is. Bloody 'arpoon
... Wha' the bloody 'ell you playing at, ya bender? God Save The Queen
and all that palaver! Wanker! Tart! Loo! Fish 'n chips! Apples and pears! Fanny! 'arpoon!
For once in my life, I knew what it was like to be Bakura
- Deus ex Machina: Referenced by the title.
- Is It Something You Eat?: Mokuba asks this about a figure of speech Kaiba makes... because bullies keep stealing his food and he hasn't eaten in days.
- Lame Comeback: "Your face is cute!"
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: Kaiba comments that even though he may have grown significantly since their time in the orphanage, Mokuba is roughly the same size.
- Serious Business: A flashback to his childhood reveals that Kaiba takes all games ridiculously seriously, not just Duel Monsters.
"KNEEL BEFORE THE CHESS PRINCE!"
- Shout-Out: Tristan heard a commercial say that girls love the smell of Axe... which he interprets as the weapon, not the body spay.
- "Oh my God, it's a double rainbow all the way! So intense!"
- Small, Annoying Creature: Kuriboh. "Do-da-la-la-la-la-la!"
- Take That!: Tea comments that their show is starting to turn into a bad Don Bluth movie... nevermind, just a Don Bluth movie.
- Timmy in a Well: "What's that Kuriboh? Tea's been kidnapped? By internet trolls? And little Timmy got stuck down a well?"
- Troll: Tea is assaulted by internet trolls in the virtual world.
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: Even when he's got him trapped in a virtual world that he has complete control over, Gansley still insists on trying to defeat Yugi with a normal children's card game.