Recap: Yu Gi Oh The Abridged Series S 3 E 3 The Incredible Hobson
"Introducing the Jiggleometer! The bouncier the boobies, the stronger the reading. It's fun for all the family!"
- Bait and Switch: Crump loves penguins. Platonically. And physically.
- And do you know what he wants to be more than anything? A teenage girl.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Hobson decides he won't smash Mokuba in the future because he is the only one in the house who was nice to him. Presumably, this plus The Dog Bites Back is the reason he sides with the Kaiba brothers in Seto Kaiba vs the World.
- Berserk Button: Crump only needs to say "friendship sucks" to get Tea to come back and duel him.
- Come with Me If You Want to Live: Tea is told this... by a penguin.
- Cute Is Evil: One penguin threatens to peck out Tea's eyeballs and feed them to its kin when she calls him cute.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Duke is the one who gets a romantic moment with Serenity even though Tristan was the one who actually saved her from the dinosaur.
- Gainaxing: Tea's sudden increase in cup size during this episode is lovingly documented with a Jiggleometer.
- Going Commando: Tea regrets this decision after her Dream Sequence turns out to involve her flying through the air above other people.
- Hulk Speak: Hobson suffers from this.
- Informed Attribute: Tea questions why Yugi behaves as though the Dark Magician Girl is her favorite Duel Monsters card when she's never indicated that in the past.
- Informed Flaw: Yugi also insists that Tea has never played a game of Duel Monsters. She's actually dueled onscreen twice and won both times.
- It Will Never Catch On: Little Kaiba is quick to scratch starting a dueling academy off the list of things he plans to do when he grows up.
- Let's Get Dangerous: "It is on in a manner similar to that of Donkey Kong!"
- Memetic Badass: It wasn't a meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs... it was Tristan Timothy Taylor [that's his name now].
- Shout-Out: "Man, this virtual world is starting to feel more and more like TRON... only with less motorcycles and more card games."
- The broadway production starring the Dark Magician Girl was called "the most poorly conceived musical number since Pokémon Live!" by critics. But at least it's better than Cirque Du Soliel.
- Said broadway production is accompanied by music from High School Musical.
- Tea wants to be introduced to "that one penguin who's voiced by Elijah Wood".
- A chase scene with Serenity running from a dinosaur has the "Stampede" theme from The Lion King as the background music.
- "This is for killing Little Foot's mom, you jerk!"
- Morgan Freeman narrates the movements of penguins.
- Yugi and Yami become trapped in a rejected puzzle from a Professor Layton game.
- "HOBSON SMASH!"
- Who Writes This Crap?!: "...we have writers?!"