"If there was a problem,
yo, I'll solve it,
take out my deck
so the card games resolve it!
- Abusive Parents: After having to kick down a wall to find an exit, Joey credits his alcoholic father for teaching him how to violence his way out of a situation.
- Affectionate Parody: Joey tries to argue with a 4kids executive that YGOTAS is actually this trope rather than just Plagiarism In Fiction.
"Look around, Johnson! There are more Yu-Gi-Oh!
fans now than ever before. And the more you try to stifle our creativity, the more we'll try to express our love for a show that's about more than just children's card games. It's about fighting for what you believe in. And I believe in this show and its fans, now more than ever! Because they believe in me
- Canada, Eh?: Bandit Keith both waves a Canadian flag around and uses the word "hoser" while insisting that he's from the US.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Joey punches the Pharaoh in the face because he ate his sandwich.
- Foe Yay: Joey admits to being attracted to one of the 4kids executives.
- Oblivious to Love: Yugi doesn't seem to understand even the most direct requests from Tea to touch her boobs. Probably for the best, considering that it's actually Crump inside Tea's body.
- My Name Is Not Durwood: Joey's Flame Swordsman insists that his name is actually Frank.
- Shout-Out: "Excuse me, have you seen my brother Edward? He's very short."
- Something Only They Would Say: Yugi completely dismisses the idea of there being something wrong with Tea just because she said the word "friendship".
- Strong Family Resemblance: Meet Hair Guy's brother, Mullet Guy.
- Vocal Dissonance: A case of Voluntary Shapeshifting causes Mai Valentine to sound like a man... which is completely normal for this series, but still!
- What Would X Do?: A particularly unhelpful example.
Tea: Dammit, Yugi, TOUCH MY BOOBS!
Yugi: Man, what would Tristan do in this situation?
Tristan: I'M GONNA TOUCH YOUR BOOBS!