Recap: Yu Gi Oh The Abridged Series S 2 E 6 Whos That Mokemon
- Blatant Lies: Tristan convinces Serenity that he is the main character of the show, has more fangirls than Joey, and that said fangirls like to pair him up with Joey (though that last lie could be considered technically correct).
- Brooklyn Rage: Joey names the trope.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Yami is quick to point out how inconsistent Marik's evil plans are. Marik insists that the mere fact that he is evil is all that matters.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Yugi reveals that his battle against Jaiden in the final episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (which never got an actual conclusion) was this. Apparently Jaiden started crying so hard that the network refuses to air it.
- Disproportionate Retribution: "I am not a freaky fish guy! I shall murder your entire family for saying that!"
- Don't Explain the Joke: "It is funny because 'wang' means penis!"
- Forced Meme: Yami accuses "Brooklyn Rage" of being this and urges Joey to only use his original Catch Phrase (nyeh). This ends up being Hilarious in Hindsight after it became an accepted meme on the internet regardless.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: Yami easily defeats Steve the Rare Hunter because his status as such makes him hopelessly predictable.
- Imaginary Friend: Grandpa thinks that Yami is one. Turns out to be Hypocritical Humor considering that Grandpa himself spends time with Black Luster Soldier, whose personality actually is imaginary.
- Kill It with Fire: What Weevil plans to do with the cards of his opponents after winning the tournament. Mako promptly threatens him with Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- Never Say "Die": Marik doesn't want to kill Yugi, he just wants to "destroy him a little".
- Shout-Out: The episode title and a large portion of the plot is one to Pokémon.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Kaiba is very careful to stress that his locator card Plot Coupons are nothing like the star chip Plot Coupons from season one.
- Unexplained Recovery: Kaiba's brush with Fingore in the previous episode is easily and inexplicably fixed by a doctor.
- Unusual Euphemism: Yugi refers to Mai's boobs as "giant levitating chesticles".