"The duelists you are about to see are trained professionals. Do not try this at home."
- Anime Hair: Tea muses over whether she should get a haircut that doesn't make her look like a cardboard box.
- Badass Adorable: Mokuba takes out the bad guys in a surprisingly awesome way.
- Cheaters Never Prosper: The cheating scheme by the Espa Roba brothers is quickly foiled by a conveniently placed Yami. Even though almost every duelist in the tournament is also a cheater.
- Jailbait: Tristan sees Serenity as this. Creepily enough, it doesn't seem to bother him at all.
- Moment Killer: Serenity is mid Love Confession when Tristan barges back into her hospital room and loudly announces that he was taking a dump during the time that she thought he was listening to her.
- No Indoor Voice: The entire Espa Roba family.
- Noodle Incident: "...and that's when I finally came to terms with my identity as a woman."
- Rhetorical Question Blunder: Serenity assumes that when Tristan offers her "the best present ever" he's referring to a cure for her blindness. It's actually a computer.
- Shout-Out: "Nyeh... what's up, buttmunch?"
- Waldo shows up in a background shot.
- Joey attempts to weaponize the "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" dancing banana. Too bad Espa Roba can destroy outdated internet references.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: "Or we could watch illegally downloaded movies! But nobody really does that. Honest."
- Take That!: Naruto The Abridged Series is called out for thinking that the word "emo" constitutes a joke.
- Take That Me: People who try to propose over the internet are described as lonely deranged freaks, including LittleKuriboh.
- Tangled Family Tree: It is theorized that all of the Espa Roba family all looks and speaks exactly the same due to copious amounts of inbreeding.
- Waxing Lyrical: Joey quotes "You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive.