"Hey! Remember when Bakura used to be in this show? Neither do I!"
- Badass Biker: Tristan is suddenly one because he claims that the future is card games on motorbikes, which would just be silly.
- Dub-Induced Plot Hole: Because it involved punching someone, 4Kids censored out the scene where Tristan found Joey, so it comes off as if Joey just magically appeared.
- Larynx Dissonance: Young, beautiful Serenity happens to posses one of the most annoying voices ever devised by mankind.
- No, Except Yes: Tristan doesn't want to get in Serenity's pants, he just wants to have sex with her.
- Planet of Steves: All of the Rare Hunters are named Steve.
- Rick Roll: Kaiba made sure that the database that accepts entries into his tournament would do this to Joey, and only to Joey.
- Shortcuts Make Long Delays: Joey's stupid decision to cut through a string of dark alleyways at night in order to get to his sister's operation on time goes about as well as you'd expect.
- Shout-Out: Tristan thinks everyone turns into The Incredible Hulk when angry.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Joey and Serenity's mother has an incredibly masculine voice (even by this series's standards) to the point where Serenity actually refers to her as "Daddy".
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: The Rare Hunters follow the typical Yu-Gi-Oh! model of settling disputed with card games rather than, say, physically overpowering a near defenseless teen.