Recap: The Three Stooges Disorder In The Court
The Three Stooges are key witnesses at the murder trial of Kirk Robin. Their friend and colleague, Gail Tempest (Suzanne Kaaren), is a dancer at the Black Bottom cafe where the Stooges are musicians, and is the prime suspect in the murder. The Stooges are the only ones who can prove her innocence. Hilarity and Courtroom Antics ensue.The short is in the public domain, and thus is usually included in cheap video collections, making it perhaps one of the best known Stooge shorts. It is the only Curly short to have fallen into the public domain.
- Close-Call Haircut: The prosecutor gets one after Curly accidentally shoots a gun.
- Courtroom Antics
- Courtroom Episode
- Dashingly Dapper Derby: Curly's derby.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: The judge, who maintains his calm in the face of Stooge stupidity.
- iSophagus: When the stooges are reenacting a musical performance during the trial, Curly slaps Moe on the back causing him to swallow a harmonica. They then find that when they press on Moe's stomach they can hear the harmonica, and soon Curly and Larry begin to make Moe play "Ach Du Lieber Augustine" by pumping his arm and squeezing his stomach, before he coughs the harmonica up.
- Juggling Loaded Guns: A gun is introduced as evidence. Curly is told to try to pull the incredibly rusty trigger, after being told "Never fear, it's not loaded." After one harmless click, he then accidentally shoots off the prosecutor's toupee when his finger gets stuck in the trigger guard.
- Literal-Minded: Curly, all the way through the short.Judge: Take the stand.Curly, picking up the chair at the witness box: Where do I put it?Judge: No no, take the stand!Curly: I got it, now what do I do with it?Lawyer: SIT DOWN!
- Tap on the Head: Curly knocks out several members of the jury with a hammer to the head while chasing after a parrot.
- Smoking Gun: A parrot is discovered in the course of the trial with a letter tied to its leg, revealing the true killer and freeing Gail Tempest.