Recap: The Simpsons S 24 E 20 The Fabulous Fake Boy
Bart fakes his way into being a piano-playing virtuoso to impress a Russian girl named Zhenya (voiced by former 30Rock cast member, Jane Krakowski). Meanwhile, Marge helps Zhenya's father, Slava (voiced by former SNL cast member Bill Hader) pass his driver's test, and Homer hides his baldness when the last two hairs on his head fall out.
- Brick Joke: Slava bribed Chief Wiggum with tight, counterfeit jeans. Later in the episode, when Slava told Marge he got the license to be a chauffeur, Patty and Selma (who work at the DMV) were seen wearing tight, counterfeit jeans.
- Briefcase Full of Money: When Chief Wiggum had Slava stop his car, Slava got a briefcase and it seemed the trope would be played staright. Then it was revealed it contained jeans. Which Wiggum accepted.
- Funny Background Event: Bart is setting up a trap while Skinner and Marge are talking about him and then you see several students are in the trap.
- Gilligan Cut: When Slava offered pants as bribe to Chief Wiggum, Marge said that wasn't how Springfield Police worked. The next scene proves her wrong.
- Loophole Abuse: As punishment, Bart had to take Gramps a cookie plate. He ate the cookies on the way to the retirement home. Gramps was happy to have found crumbs.
- Shout-Out: When Homer asked a man if he was an angel, he asked the "angel" to turn a pumpkin into a carriage.
- Take That: The Justin Beiber cameo (which consisted of Beiber getting thrown out of a talent show because he's over-age, despite looking underage), in probably one of the few times a celebrity cameo on The Simpsons wasn't put there as a transparent attempt at over-hyping the voice actor. There were even warnings stated that Justin Beiber's cameo was coming and for all viewers to tune out.