Recap / The Simpsons S 18 E 3 Please Homer Dont Hammer Em
Marge becomes interested in carpentry, but uses Homer as the face of her operation, since no one in town thinks women are good enough to be carpenters. Meanwhile, Springfield Elementary School bans all peanut products due to fear of food allergies — until Bart discovers that the one with the peanut allergy is Principal Skinner.
- Big "NO!": Skinner does one his his trademark long-drawn "No" after falling into a vat of peanut shrimp.
- Eureka Moment: When Marge laments that nobody will let her do a project for them because their image of a carpenter is a fat guy with his butt-crack showing, she sees Homer's crack and gets the idea to use him as a cover.
- Foreshadowing: The Remington Steele and Triangle Wars (whose title is shown in the Star Wars font) arcade games is a tip-off to the two plots of this episode.
- Here We Go Again!: Skinner and Bart fling their allergy-inducing foods at each other in the hospital again, much to Marge's frustration.
- Instantly Proven Wrong: This exchange.
Worker: Don't worry, he's paying us a million dollars.
Homer: And I promised these guys money I don't have.
- Jerkass Ball: Every man in Springfield except Homer suddenly becomes a misogynist in order for the plot to happen.
- Overly Long Scream: While hiding in Homer's roll-around shed, Marge lets out a long scream when Lenny makes a misogynist joke. Homer tries to drown it out by singing "We Will Rock You" with his friends.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Skinner is surprised that Bart is "El Barto".
- Photo Booth Montage: Parodied when Lisa gets into a photo booth with a pair of eels inside.
- Series Continuity Error: As pointed out by Wikipedia and Wiki Simpsons, Bart has eaten shrimp in previous episodes.
- Shout-Out: Bart's battle with Principal Skinner parodies the climactic lightsaber battle from The Phantom Menace, right down to "Duel of the Fates" playing.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: When Marge tells Bart she got a letter from the school, Bart freaks out and denies starting a fire in the teacher's lounge.
- Later, when Bart demands that Willie tell him who the person with the peanut allergy is.
Willie: I'll never say his name.
Bart: Oh, so it's a dude.
Willie: Who says it's a dude? A principal can be a man or a woman these days.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Bart endangers Principal Skinner's life with his peanut allergy, exploiting this to make Skinner do what he wanted and is willing to threaten to kill someone just because the results amuse him.
- Worse still is that it implies he was planning to do this who whoever had the allergy even before he found out it was Skinner, just to get back at them for daring to have a severe allergy and forcing him to go without any peanut candy.
- Trial Balloon Question: When Homer asks Kent Brockman how he'll react if a woman actually built his gazebo.
Kent: I'd have this gazebo torn down and built into a coffin...for your manhood.
Kent: Why did my hypothetical scenario scare you so?