Marge becomes interested in carpentry, but uses Homer as the face of her operation, since no one in town thinks women are good enough to be carpenters. Meanwhile, Springfield Elementary School bans all peanut products due to fear of food allergies — until Bart discovers that the one with the peanut allergy is Principal Skinner.
- Big "NO!": Skinner does one his his trademark long-drawn "No" after falling into a vat of peanut shrimp.
- Eureka Moment: When Marge laments that nobody will let her do a project for them because their image of a carpenter is a fat guy with his butt-crack showing, she sees Homer's crack and gets the idea to use him as a cover.
- Overly-Long Scream: While hiding in Homer's roll-around shed, Marge lets out a long scream when Lenny makes a misogynist joke. Homer tries to drown it out by singing "We Will Rock You" with his friends.
- Photo Booth Montage: Parodied when Lisa gets into a photo booth with a pair of eels inside.
- Shout-Out: Bart's battle with Principal Skinner parodies the climactic lightsaber battle from The Phantom Menace, right down to "Duel of the Fates" playing.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: When Marge tells Bart she got a letter from the school, Bart freaks out and denies starting a fire in the teacher's lounge.
- Later, when Bart demands that Willie tell him who the person with the peanut allergy is.
Willie: I'll never say his name.
Bart: Oh, so it's a dude.
Willie: What? A principal can be a man or a woman these days.
- Trial Balloon Question: When Homer asks Kent Brockman how he'll react if a woman actually built his gazebo.
Kent: I'd have this gazebo torn down and built into a coffin...for your manhood.
Kent: Why did my hypothetical scenario scare you so?