Recap: The Simpsons S 17 E 6 See Homer Run
To win back Lisa's love, Homer dresses up as a mascot called "The Safety Salamander" and gains fame for rescuing people from a car accident. Meanwhile, Springfield holds a recall election to get the incompetent Mayor Quimby out of office.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Homer gets hit by a cinderblock after asking people to stop throwing fruits at him.
- Beyond the Impossible: Even Homer didn't know how he was able to pat Lisa's head with the tail of his costume.
- Didn't Think This Through: Calling all the emergency response teams to the site of the car pileup seemed like a good idea...if they hadn't forgotten that the street sign was missing.
- Dramatic Thunder: Played with. When Mr. Skinner reluctantly attached a frowny sticker to Lisa's permanent record, lights flashed, as if the heavens were upset about this event...but then Skinner told Willie the lights were on the fritz again.
- Furry Confusion: For Father's Day, Lisa makes a picture book featuring herself and Homer as unicorns. In the last picture, they're riding horses.
- Karma Houdini: Bart doesn't end up in trouble for taking the street sign and inadvertently causing the massive car accident. In fact, it's Mayor Quimby who ends up paying for it.
- Lesser of Two Evils: Homer's slogan is "The lesser of 25 evils".
- Not Helping Your Case: After accidentally ruining Lisa's Father's Day gift to him, Homer tries to blame it on a refrigerator magnet...which turned out to be a birthday gift to him from Lisa.
- Not What It Looks Like: When Homer was rescuing people from the car accident, he ended up pulling Mr. Largo and Mr. Smithers from the same car, the former defensively crying they were only carpooling.
- Produce Pelting: Rainier Wolfcastle becomes a victim of this for defending stem cell research. Homer later becomes a victim when he loses his costume.
- Status Quo Is God: Mayor Quimby keeps his job because no candidate gets the 5% required to become a candidate during the recall election.
- Ungrateful Bastard: After being rescued from the car accident, Nelson says that his mother is still in the car. When Homer looks inside the car and doesn't find anybody there, Nelson laughs.
- Women And Children: Subverted. When Homer accidentally caused a fire at a school assembly, he shove kids out of the way to get to the door first...and got stuck in it.