- Et Tu, Brute?: What really makes Flanders upset is the fact that Homer was not only among those who secretly mocked him for the porn site incident but also is the one who informed others.
- Jerk Jock: Coach Clay Roberts.
- It's All My Fault: Parodied. When Homer discovers Ned moved away:Homer: Oh he's gone! And it's all someone's fault!
- Jerkass Realization: Homer gets one after putting up with Clay Roberts antics, and admits to Flanders himself that he must have a lot of patience to put up with a big, dumb jerk like Homer.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Homer drove away his very nice and trusting neighbor after humiliating him and years of harassment. Clay Roberts starts bullying Homer as well.
- Passive Aggressive Combat: The people of Humble are masters of this, first with pleading puppy-dog eyes to get Ned to shave, then with giving Ned a statue saying "You're on thin ice" when he refuses to shave.
- Take That: When Homer finds Milhouse and Bart laughing at something online, he warns them, "If you say Jimmy Fallon, I'll know you're lying."
- We Want Our Jerk Back: Played straight and inverted. Ned gets irritated by the people of Humble, while Homer begins to miss Ned once he's bullied by Coach Clay.
- What the Hell, Townspeople?: Much of Springfield knew about the college girls in Ned's room, but treated it as their private joke and mocked him for it.