Recap / The Simpsons S 15 E 20 The Way We Werent
Homer and Marge recall the story of their first kiss at summer camp when they were children, where Homer betrayed Marge by standing her up on their second date.
- Does Not Like Men: Marge was so heartbroken by Homer standing up on their second date (which isn't really Homer's fault, as he fell off a cliff right after the first date, and found himself in a fat camp), that she starts to hate males.
- First Kiss
- Forgotten First Meeting: Unbenknownst to present day Homer and Marge, this is when they first met.
- Mistaken for Prank Call: When Marge phones Homer's camp and asks for the phony name he gave her, Moe mistakes it for a prank.
- Origins Episode: Lampshaded in the Mistaken for Prank Call that Marge makes. Moe turns to the camera and says "and that's the origin of that."
- Sure, Let's Go with That: When Abe drops Homer at a camp for underprivileged kids, Homer accuses Abe of pretending to be poor to get him into a camp. Abe's half-hearted admission of guilt suggests that he's not really faking poverty.