Recap: The Simpsons S 11 E 21 Its A Mad Mad Mad Mad Marge
Otto breaks up with his fiancee Becky at the altar, leaving her to stay at the Simpson's house, where Marge fears Becky will replace her as a better wife and mother. Meanwhile, Principal Skinner assigns Bart's class into making a video (so long as it's not a parody or rip-off of The Blair Witch Project), which the school was able to afford by cutting geography lessons from their budget.
- Jerkass Realization: While explaining what Becky would do to her, Marge remains Selma and Patty who’s their brother-in-lawnote , making the sisters react with Patty responding, It’s an act of violence, not love.
- Isn't It Ironic?: Otto proposes to Becky by playing the Poison song "Every Rose Has its Thorn", which is actually a breakup song.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Some fans hated this episode because Marge was jealous of Becky for no reason (other than her sisters scaring her into thinking that having Becky in the house will turn her life into The Hand That Rocks the Cradle) and tried to attack her.
- Police Are Useless: Well, they're powerless to protect Marge but not to punish her.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: Selma and Patty brought up the idea that Becky was going to kill Marge, when turns out to be true had Becky not abandon the plan.
- Shout-Out: The title is a play-on to the 60s film "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World".
- The Dancing Marges is a parody of the "Dancing [Judge] Itos" during the OJ Simpson trial.