Mr. Burns has The Simpsons house-sit for him while he goes to the Mayo Clinic.
- Biting-the-Hand Humor: Homer calling out everyone in the credits over being richer than he is (including the voice actors, who aren't as rich as they should be, but still are richer than he'll ever be).
- Loophole Abuse: Homer would take Mr. Burns yacht to international waters just so Moe would be able to sell beer on a weekend before 2:00pm. Barney pointed out Moe could legally give beer. Moe doesn't budge.
- Off Model: According to snpp.com, Britney Spears was drawn more like Baby Spice from The Spice Girls, though her character design was meant to look like Spears from her "Baby One More Time" video.
- Older Than They Look: The search for Springfield's oldest resident reminded us of Ned Flanders' real age.
- Self-Made Orphan: When Mr. Burns filled a form, he had to inform his parents' cause of death. He wrote "Got in my way".
- Take That: When Homer moaned that he never got any award, Marge reminded him of his Grammy, prompting him to say he meant an award worth winning. Then we're shown a disclaimer stating Homer's opinions don't necessarily reflect those of the network, who doesn't consider the Grammy an award at all.
- Irony: They made that joke on an episode that had someone who won a Grammy at the time of the episode's premiere (Britney Spears)