Recap: The Simpsons S 11 E 12 The Mansion Family
Mr. Burns has The Simpsons house-sit for him while he goes to the Mayo Clinic, and Homer uses Mr. Burns' mansion and wealth to hold a booze cruise for his buddies.
- The Alcoholic: Lenny tries to drink rubbing alcohol.
- Biting-the-Hand Humor: Homer calling out everyone in the credits over being richer than he is (including the voice actors, who aren't as rich as they should be, but still are richer than he'll ever be).
- Loophole Abuse: Homer would take Mr. Burns yacht to international waters just so Moe would be able to sell beer on a weekend before 2:00pm. Barney pointed out Moe could legally give beer. Moe doesn't budge.
- Off Model: According to snpp.com, Britney Spears was drawn more like Baby Spice from The Spice Girls, though her character design was meant to look like Spears from her "Baby One More Time" video.
- Older Than They Look: The search for Springfield's oldest resident reminded us of Ned Flanders' real age.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Mr. Burns has practically every disease known by mankind and some that were unknown until a doctor examined him. The doctor says the diseases are fighting among themselves.
- Self-Made Orphan: When Mr. Burns filled a form, he had to inform his parents' cause of death. He wrote "Got in my way".
- Take That: When Homer moaned that he never got any award, Marge reminded him of his Grammy, prompting him to say he meant an award worth winning. Then we're shown a disclaimer stating Homer's opinions don't necessarily reflect those of the network, who doesn't consider the Grammy an award at all.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: While Marge is cleaning Mr. Burns mansion, one of the rooms she tidies is his secret laboratory. She nonchalantly wipes dust away while ignoring the bizarre and horrific experiments around, including several jars containing clones of Burns and Smithers.