Season 6, Episode 6
You Can't Handle The TruthStory by David Reed, Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder; teleplay by Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder.Directed by Jan Eliasberg.Air Date: October 29, 2010.When several people kill themselves under strange circumstances, Sam and Dean discover that they were driven insane by the Goddess of Truth, who cursed them to be told the truth against their will. However, when the brothers track down the goddess, Veritas, she uses her powers on Dean.
- Achilles' Heel: Veritas' is dogs.
- Attention Whore: Dean's opinion of Veritas.
- Blood from the Mouth: The dental patient. A lot.
- Brutal Honesty
- Buxom Is BetterCleavage Girl: I'm sitting like this because I'm trying to get your attention. I just bought these breasts. I need a lot of attention.Dean: [taken aback] Good luck with that. [walks past her] [beat] [walks back and takes an appreciative look]
- Cannot Tell a Lie: Anyone interacting with Dean. Except Sam.
- Dirty Old Man: The dental patient.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Dean, of course.
- Driven to Suicide: Veritas' victims.
- Gone Horribly Right: Those that ask for the truth get it.
- Hollywood Homely: The girl at the beginning is called a "three", in contrast to "the new girl", who's apparently an "eight".
- I'm a Humanitarian: Veritas.
- Irony: "The Happy Place."
- Meaningful Name: Invoked: Frank Talk with Ashley Frank.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Dean gives one to Sam when he finds out he "isn't human".
- Red Herring: Gabriel's Horn of Truth.
- That Thing Is Not My Brother!
- The Tooth Hurts
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Sam continues to, which is a sign that he's Not Himself.
- Too Much Information