Easy isn't always simple.While Anakin and Ahsoka are investigating the underbelly of Coruscant to try and get a lead on Cad Bane, a pickpocket steals Ahsoka's lightsaber. She wants to keep the loss secret from her mentor, so she goes to the library to try and track down the thief on her own. She ends up partnering with an elderly Jedi Master, Tera Sinube, who has decades of experience with Coruscant's criminal underworld.
- Badass Grandpa: Tera Sinube, in spades.
- Call-Forward: Among the pictures of criminals on the computer are bounty hunters Aurra Sing and Robonino.
- Evil Duo: Cassie and Ione, with a side order of Interspecies Romance, and without either of them possessing the brains.
- Idiot Ball: Several times during her pursuit of Cassie, Ahsoka could've retrieved her lightsaber using the Force. And yet instead she chose to chase Cassie all over Coruscant's busy skyline.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: How we're introduced to the elderly Master Sinube. He learns that the pickpocket was from an aquatic world, and immediately realizes that Ahsoka sensed something fishy about him. Ahsoka is not impressed.
- Incredibly Obvious Bug: The tracker Master Sinube plants on Ione is large and has a flashing light on it. It's a wonder Cassie didn't notice it earlier.
- Interspecies Romance: Ione is in two. She's the girlfriend of Trandoshan Nack Movers, and is also in a relationship with Terrelian Jango Jumper Cassie Cryar. We don't know what her species is, but it's neither of those.
- Sword Cane: It turns out Master Sinube's lightsaber is the handle of his cane.
- Meaningful Background Event: See Suspiciously Specific Denial.
- Percussive Pickpocket: How Bannamu steals Ahsoka's lightsaber. There were multiple people running by her and bumping into her, so she didn't take particular notice of him.
- Pull the Thread: Sinube realizes there's something odd about the tale of the young woman in Nack Movers' apartment, so he begins probing to see what's going on.
- Roof Hopping: Ahsoka ends up chasing Terrelian Jango Jumper thief Cassie Cryar across the rooftops of Coruscant.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: During the rooftop chase to recover her lightsaber, Ahsoka ends up in midair, clinging to the face of a huge billboard of Chancellor Palpatine denying that the Jedi started the Clone War in order to gain more power over the Republic. Obviously it's not true... but this is Palpatine we're talking about. Double triple reverse psychology and all that.
- Too Dumb to Live: Cassie believes that because she has a lightsaber, she's as powerful as a Jedi. It's actually the other way round.
- Tracking Device: Master Sinube plants one on Ione Marcy to follow her and Cassie.
- Underestimating Badassery: Ione thinks of Sinube as a slightly crazy old Jedi, not much of a threat. Then he figures out her secret, tracks her to the train station, anticipates her arrival at the next platform, and disarms her in under five seconds flat. Ahsoka has much the same reaction when they first meet.