"If you ignore the past, you jeopardize the future."After a Mandalorian saboteur attack a Republic cruiser, Obi-Wan Kenobi is sent to Mandalore to investigate the rumours about the planets's supposedly pacifist Duchess, Satine Kryze, building her own army in secret.
This episode provides examples of:
- Artistic License – Physics: Concordia is the moon of Mandalore, so by definition it's smaller than its parent planet, and it should therefore have a weaker gravity. But there's no evidence of any kind of gravity difference. A weaker gravity would have actually come in handy, when Obi-Wan has to fight a bunch of Death Watch members with jetpacks, but his jumps aren't any higher than on Mandalore.
- Abandoned Mine: Subverted. On Mandalore everyone believes the old mines on the moon Concordia are abandoned, but Pre Vizsla, the leader of Death Watch and the governor of the moon had them restarted. Obi-Wan of course doesn't believe them to be abandoned for a second.
- Actual Pacifist: Satine, and most of the mandalorians.
- Cool Sword: Vizsla's sword, the Darksaber is a black katana-like lightsaber that has an inverted color scheme to standard sabers in that its core is colored and its edges are white. He says it was recovered by his ancestors during the fall of the Old Republic.
- You Have Failed Me: Pre Vizsla kills one his subordinates after he failed to execute Obi-Wan.