Recap / Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Shadow Conspiracy Saga
Warning this page, and pages listed on it contain unmarked spoilers! Read them at your own peril!
This storyline detail the circumstances and consequences of the return of the Sith Lord Darth Maul. The events of the storyline are spanning over four seasons, covering no less than 17 episodes, told in three main arcs, of which the Mandalore arc could (but shall not) be further divided into three sub-arcs.
List of the covered arcs and episodes:
- Arc Welding: As mentioned above, the saga ties together several storylines from different seasons.
- Evil Versus Evil: Practically the entire saga is a series of plots set up by villains against other villains.
- The Svengali: Mother Talzin is this to both Ventress and the Sith brothers.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Ironically, Palpatine. Worried that Dooku might try to use Ventress to overthrow him, he orders the Count to kill her. Ventress survives, however, and with the help of Mother Talzin, she begins a quest for vengeance against Dooku, which results in unleashing Savage Opress into the Galaxy. After Ventress and Savage fail to assassinate Dooku, Savage goes searching for his missing brother, whom he hopes will aid him in gaining strength enough to defeat all of his opponents. This brother turns out to be Palpatine's former apprentice Maul, who after regaining his composure becomes a major threat to Palpatine's plans.
- World of Badass: Practically every important character is a badass on some level.