"Fear not for the future, weep not for the past."Obi-wan and Anakin accompany Duchess Satine and a group of Mandaloran senators to Coruscant. Assassin droids have been planted on the ship, however, indicating that one of the senators is a traitor.
This episode contains examples of:
- Big Damn Heroes: Anakin appears from nowhere at the last minute to dispatch the traitorous Tal Merrik. However...
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: Due to the Sadistic Choice Merrik set up, Satine and Obi-wan look at him rather reproachfully.Anakin: What? He was going to blow up the ship!
- Giant Spider: The assassin droids are mechanical versions of this.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Anakin's Big Damn Heroes moment begins with his lightsaber emerging through Merrik's torso.
- Love Confession: Satine blurts this out to Obi-wan when she thinks they'll never see each other again. Obi-wan reluctantly reciprocates.
- Musical Sting: The Imperial Death March is briefly played as Anakin kills Merrik, implying that his attitude towards killing has become a bit too casual.
- Not Afraid to Die: Merrik says he'll blow up the ship along with himself if anyone tries to stop him, and he seems completely serious.
- Sadistic Choice: Merrik gives this to Satine at the end: either violate her pacifist beliefs and shoot him, or let him escape and destroy the whole ship. Even Obi-wan, who would probably consider this justifiable homicide, seems reluctant to do it in front of Satine.
- Summation Gathering: Obi-wan arranges one of these when he figures out that one of the senators must be a traitor. He identifies the culprit by seeing who one of the small assassin droids won't attack.
- The Swarm: The backup method of attack for the Giant Spider assassins: if one is deactivated, a whole bunch of little ones emerge from its "corpse."