Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 03 E 25 Facets
Dax invites her close friends(And Leeta) to join her in an important Trill ceremony that let's her communicate with her previous hosts. But things hit a snag when Curzon decides he doesn't want to go back.
- Apologizes a Lot: Tobin can't go two sentences without apologizing for something. He even apologizes for apologizing.
- Body Surf: The Guardian allows the personalities of Dax's previous hosts to move into different bodies.
- Breather Episode: Things get real next episode.
- Canon Discontinuity: Apparently, Verad doesn't count as a previous host.
- Cool Old Lady: Lela, the first Host. A jovial old granny type.
- Creepy Monotone: The brief return of Joran has him speak in one. Coupled with Evil Is Hammy.
- Didn't See That Coming: Invoked. For the stress test, Nog had been practicing in the shuttle. Then O'Brien brings up the test and he's in Ops with a different problem than he practiced for. It wouldn't test his response to stress if they gave him what he prepared for.
- Fake Action Prologue: The episode begins with Nog dodging Cardassians in a runabout—until Jake appears in the windshield, at which point Nog ends the program.
- Fighting from the Inside: Sisko wins out over Joran, with a little help from Jadzia.
- Flanderization: While Joran wasn't exactly stable when he was introduced in "Equilibrium," neither was he the stone cold psychopath this episode portrayed.
- Fusion Dance: The Composite form for Curzon/Odo, and the Switcher for everyone else.
- Hot for Student: The actual reason Jadzia was originally washed out of the program by Curzon: It was never because she wasn't good enough. It was because Curzon had fallen in love with her. It's also a part of why Curzon didn't want to go back, because Jadzia would now have to deal with those memories.
- Large Ham: Channeling the previous hosts of Dax gives everyone license to ham it up.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: Quark would prefer Jadzia never tell anyone he was host to one of the female personalities and spent time combing Jadzia's hair.
- Noodle Incident: Curzon/Odo starts talking about a girl that Sisko got involved with at Pelios in front of Jake, prompting Sisko to suggest that they head over to Quark's so Jake can finish his homework.
- Papa Wolf: Rom has no problem putting up with Quark's crap. Then he sabotages Nog's Starfleet test. And he gets his lobes up about it.Rom: My son's happiness is more important to me than anything, even latinum! Remember that, brother!
- Post-Kiss Catatonia: Curzon/Odo invokes this in Quark just for a laugh.
- Retcon: In the Next Generation episode The Royale, Captain Picard mentions that Fermat's Last Theorem has still not been proven by the 24th century. A few years after that episode was aired, Andrew Wiles was able to prove it. This episode acknowledges Wiles' proof, though it also tries handwave Picard's comment by suggesting that mathematicians are still trying to find a better way of proving the theorem.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Joran gives one to Jadzia. The fact that it's coming out of Sisko's mouth makes it even creepier.
- Why Are You Not My Son?: Quark wants Nog to follow Jake's lead and stay out of Starfleet.