- Breather Episode: After the back to back to back seriousness of Life Support, Heart Of Stone and Destiny, this episode is a comical romp focused on Quark.
- Call Back: Prophet!Sisko noted that Zek wanted to see how the game ended. "The game" was how Sisko described the concept of linear time to the Prophets.
- Chekhov's Gun: When Quark moves in with Rom at the start of the episode, he finds his brother had been pilfering from Quark's bar. Later, Rom embezzles money from the Ferengi Benevolent Association.
- Inelegant Blubbering: Maihar'du spends the whole episode doing it.
- I Know A Guy: Or as Odo puts it...Odo: I have a friend at Starfleet Intelligence. And she has a friend who has a cousin who's married to the assistant of one of the members of the Federation Medical Council.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: After Zek buys Quark's bar a round of drinks, Maihar'du pours himself one and downs it.
- Out-of-Character Alert: After trying to learn the future from The Prophets, they return Zek as an overly generous rube.
- Suddenly Voiced: The first (and only) time we hear Maihar'du speak, even though he's a projection of the Prophets.
- We Want Our Jerk Back: Naturally; Ferengi society is based around being a jerk. Not only does Quark want the old Nagus back as a matter of personal preference, but the Nagus's proposed changes would likely get them all killed.