Written by Benton Connor & Calvin WongRigby resorts to cheating to beat Skips at arm-wrestling.
This episode provides examples of:
- Absurdly High-Stakes Game: Arm wrestling for Rigby's soul.
- Bowdlerization: In the UK, the following scenes are edited/altered:
- The beginning, where Benson, Mordecai, Pops, and Skips are in the hospital as Rigby is pronounced dead, was cut.
- The restaurant "McHooligan's" has its sign digitally removed, as a hooligan in the UK is associated with causing violence during soccer games and, much like changing the title to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the 1980s, it was done so as not to condone or glorify violence — though there's also the matter of the fact that McHooligan's is a bar and the UK censors didn't want younger viewers to know what it was explicitlynote . In addition, Muscle Man's "McHooligan's, round two!" was redubbed as "Family restaurant, round two!"
- High Five Ghost's "Shotgun!" was cut (even though he wasn't talking about an actual shotgun. It refers to riding "shotgun," or on the front passenger's side, of a vehicle, though this could also be a cultural thing, as the front passenger's seat in UK cars is not to the right of the driver's seat as seen with American cars).
- Death spitting in Rigby's mouth to revive him was changed to reviving him by shooting a beam of light at him with his finger.
- Chekhov's Gun: Two Words: "PLAYCO ARMBOY."
- Chess with Death: Well, arm wresting with Death to get Rigby's soul back.
- Did You Just Scam Cthulhu?: Skips beats Death the same way Rigby beats Skips.
- Eye Twitch: Skips gets one when the sees the ad for "Playco Armboy" and realizes that Rigby has been cheating to beat him.
- How We Got Here: The episode starts with showing Rigby dead and everyone else sad, then Mordecai blames Skips and everyone else leaves. The episode flashes back to several days before to show how Rigby died.
- Hypocritical Humor: Possibly unintentional, but everybody laughs when Rigby challenges Skips to an arm wrestle, even though every one of them just lost to Skips.
- I Shall Return: After Skips beats Death, Death returns Rigby's soul but vows that some day he will possess Skips' immortal soul.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Thanks to Mordecai admitting to Skips of the "Playco Armboy", this is how he kills Rigby.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: After learning the truth about Rigby pranking him and training for his rematch, just before Skips leaves, he destroys his punching bag with one punch and starts WALKING out.
- Shout-Out: The episode's title references a Sylvester Stallone film of the same name that is also about arm wrestling.
- This Is Gonna Suck: When Skips arrives for another rematch with Rigby he tears off the "Playco Armboy" so Rigby can't cheat. Rigby visibly sweats and shakes as he gives Skips his arm.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Mordecai gives this to Skips at the beginning of the episode after killing Rigby.