"Haters gonna hate!"
Written by Benton Connor & Calvin Wong
The gang is in a hospital and Rigby has died. Mordecai blames Skips for causing it. Then a flashback begins on how it happened.
This episode provides examples of:
- Absurdly High-Stakes Game: Arm wrestling for Rigby's soul.
- Bowdlerization: In the UK, the following scenes are edited/altered:
- The beginning, where Benson, Mordecai, Pops, and Skips are in the hospital as Rigby is pronounced dead, was cut.
- The restaurant "McHooligan's" has its sign digitally removed, as a hooligan in the UK is associated with causing violence during soccer games and, much like changing the title to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the 1980s, it was done so as not to condone or glorify violence — though there's also the matter of the fact that McHooligan's is a bar and the UK censors didn't want younger viewers to know what it was explicitlynote . In addition, Muscle Man's "McHooligan's, round two!" was redubbed as "Family restaurant, round two!"
- High Five Ghost's "Shotgun!" was cut (even though he wasn't talking about an actual shotgun. It refers to riding "shotgun," or on the front passenger's side, of a vehicle).
- Death spitting in Rigby's mouth to revive him was changed to reviving him by shooting a beam of light at him with his finger.
- Chekhov's Gun: Two Words: "PLAYCO ARMBOY."
- Chess with Death: Well, arm wresting with Death to get Rigby's soul back.
- Did You Just Scam Cthulhu?: Skips beats Death the same way Rigby beats Skips.
- How We Got Here
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Thanks to Mordecai admitting to Skips of the "Playco Armboy", this is how he kills Rigby.
- OOC Is Serious Business: After learning the truth about Rigby pranking him and training for his rematch, just before Skips leaves, he destroys his punching bag with one punch and starts WALKING out.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Mordecai gives this to Skips at the beginning of the episode after killing Rigby.