A 4x Strategy game set on an alien planet developed by Proxy Studios
, Pandora: First Contact
a self proclaimed spiritual successor to Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri
, with factions paralleling the ones in its predecessor.
- the militaristic Imperium
- the theocratic Divine Ascension
- the technocratic Togra University
- the capitalist Noxium Corporation
- the environmentalist Terra Salvum
- and the fascist Solar Dynasty
The only faction without a parallel are the Peacekeepers. Despite the parallels between factions in Alpha Centauri and Pandora, the motivations and backstories vary wildly. For example the Lord's Believers(of Alpha Centauri) follow predominantly Christian themes. The Divine Ascension leader, on the other hand, has A God Am I
complex, and the religion is described as "the worst parts of Facebook, Scientology, and North Korea"
This game provides examples of: