Recap / Phineas And Ferb Dude Were Getting The Band Back Together
Lawrence Fletcher is in deep, deep trouble with Linda. Turns out that he's forgotten their wedding anniversary. Short on time, he finds himself stuck for ideas of what he can do… the only thing he can think of is the band "Love Händel". It was at their concert that he and Linda shared their first kiss and fell in love.
Trouble is, Love Handel broke up years ago. Not that that's any problem for the boys! Phineas, Ferb and Candace decide to all work together to track down the three band members, and somehow convince them to play at their house that night. It won’t be easy, but with The Power of Rock
they can't fail!
Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz also is setting up for a party, that of his little daughter Vanessa. And by little
, we mean 16
, so maybe all the ponies and sparkles are a bit misplaced, especially considering that she's a Perky Goth
. Feeling sympathetic, Perry lays aside his animosity for a day to help his foe out… but does Doof ever go a day without having evil on his mind?
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Vanessa thanks Perry's "assistance" for her party with a variant of Doof's "Curse you, Perry the Platypus!" catchphrase.
- Catchphrase Interruptus: "Curse you, Perry the Pla- wait, is that Love Händel?"
- Contrived Coincidence: All three members of Love Händel happen to be working in Danville.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: Perry the Platypus helps Doofenshmirtz set up his daughter's birthday party. Also, Candace helps Phineas & Ferb get Love Händel back together, instead of busting them like usual.
- G-Rated Drug: Psychedelia, during the "History of Rock" musical number.
- "I Am Great!" Song: "You're Fabulous!", sung to and by Bobbi.
- Putting the Band Back Together: It's in the title, for crying out loud!
- Title Drop: Done by Phineas, during the "You're Fabulous!" musical number.
Bobbi: Well, maybe if I can find my own leather...
Phineas: (to Ferb) Dude, we're getting the band back together!