Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 04 Secret Agent Super Dragon
Film watched: Secret Agent Super Dragon
The MST3k treatment provides examples of:
- Bond One-Liner: Joel educates the bots on the concept of the "post-kill pun".
Servo: Ironically, death softens the blow of the pun!
- Leitmotif: Well, not really; but there's a little musical motif that is used prominently in one scene, not so prominently in another scene, and this is the basis of Servo's Super Dragon Theme (see below).
- Political Correctness Gone Mad: Crow tries his hand at scriptwriting again with the psycho-babblicious "The Spy Who Hugged Me"...
Joel (Holly Affirmations):
You understand, Mr. Windamhill, that even though we are sharing a sexual tension between us... I must kill you.
Servo (Sandy Windamhill):
Um, Holly, thank you for being honest. Let me say that I think you're a really terrific, dynamite lady, but right now I'm in a committed relationship with someone who's very special to me?! (Breaking character) I don't believe this...
Joel (Gary Diabolique):
You don't get it, do you, you stupid moron idiot! I
am going to control how people respond to me! I
am going to rule the world!
Servo: Gary, that's really codependent — (breaks character) I can't believe I just said "codependent"!
- Right-Hand Cat: According to Dr. Forrester's Supervillain Symposium, every Supervillain must have a strange or exotic animal.
- Robot Buddy: Crow and Servo build "Minsky", a little robot with an annoyingly repetitive Catch Phrase and no off switch. Joel is not amused.
- Years later, they'll get their comeuppance when Mike will build a blue robot which Servo and Crow think is cool, til... DESTRUCT! DESTRUCT! DESTRUCT! DESTRUCT! DESTRUCT!
- Running Gag:
- Super Dragon's habit of snatching cigarettes right out of other characters' mouths:
Crow: Secret Agent Super Rude, if you ask me!
- The ongoing subtext that Super Dragon's cover story is as transparent as window glass:
Crow (as side character, reading Brian Cooper's business card): Hey, "Secret Agent" is crossed out and "Lawyer" is written in!
- Super Dragon Failing his Spot Check:
(As Super Dragon, in the Big Bad
's lavishly decorated office): Um, you got any art
- Shout-Out: Servo's pronunciation of Chi-Chi Rodriguez as "Chai-Chai Rodrigweez" during the Invention Exchange is a nod to WKRP in Cincinnati.
- Weird Trade Union: implied during Dr. Forrester's Supervillain Symposium, when he notes that a Supervillain is, in essence, a small-business owner.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Comments frequently call Super Dragon on his afore-mentioned Jerk Ass qualities, particularly during the Cyanide Pill scene.
Joel: "What a jerk. He just wanted to get the guy's goat right before he died."