Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 02 E 11 First Spaceship On Venus
Film watched: First Spaceship on Venus
- Joel readjusts Servo so that he becomes more sarcastic, but he annoys everyone with his snark.
- Joel warns the Mads about stealing his ideas, which they do so. He presents a kit for starting junk drawer. The Mads also have a junk drawer, but found Abe Vigoda.
- Crow and Servo prank Joel by show him the XT-5000 Ramjet Super Configured Limited Edition Lighting Interface. It soon fills the bridge with white goop.
- The bots encounter a wild gorilla next to the Satellite.
- The show breaks for a message from Klack's holiday foods.
- Servo becomes so sarcastic, his head explodes, which leads into the letter readings.
The MST3k presentation contains examples of:
- Bigger Than Jesus: Weird subversion, when the astronauts arrive back to Earth.Crow: We're more popular than The Beatles!
- Call Back: Joel asks if the Mads are going to steal his ideas for the Invention Exchange like the last time. Cut to Dr. Forrester and Frank writing down what he is saying.
- The Mads build a junk drawer like Joel's anyway.
- "And don't forget those Polynesian Cheese Devils!"
- Gosh Darn It to Heck!Crow: What in the scratch?
- Incredibly Lame Pun:Servo: Hey, Venusian blinds!
- Killer Gorilla: Crow and Servo encounter a caged gorilla floating by the S.O.L.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: The back of Abe Vigoda's head, in a junk drawer.
- Product Placement: During a scene of a "lava flow," Crow blurts out, "Looks like the Maypo wants them." Maypo was a maple syrup-flavored hot cereal whose slogan was, "I want my Maypo!"
- Parodied in a segment with a commercial for Klack's holiday foods.
- Running Gag:"Hey, Joel, what's a Harringway?"
"About a pound."
- "Tchen Yu" "Bless you!"
- Sarcasm Mode: Tom's Sarcasm Sequencer, which is turned Up to Eleven before Joel readjusts it. By the end of the episode, it leads to a Tom's Head A Splode moment.
- Shout Out:
(Movie shows a radar screen)
- Both Joel and Servo call the launchpad crew 2 Live Crew, Mötley Crüe, The A-Team and Devo.
- Joel gives the astronaut's robot the voice of Twiki.
- Numerous to Star Trek
Crow: Mr. Worf, take us out of warp!(After and Asian crew member leaves off screen)
Joel: Thank you Sulu.(Narration over a storm)
Crow: Stardate 3259.9
- The Klack's Foods announcer name is Ed Hurley.
- Take That: Servo's Gallagher rant in Sarcasm Mode is based on an event in Joel's stand-up days where he caught the prop comic rummaging through his trunk.
(Electronic distortion plays)
- When the spaceship plays Venusian speech.
Crow: It's a John Tesh song!