Recap / Kim Possible S 2 E 24 Oh Boyz
: April 23rd of 2004
To help his son's ongoing quest to become a pop sensation, SSS kidnaps the Oh Boyz, a famous boy band
, to blackmail their record company. The plan backfires when Ron and Rufus wind up captured along with the group and the record executive, finding the Oh Boyz' disappearance to be a profit windfall, is in no hurry to help. As a result, Kim's got to rescue Ron, Rufus and the Oh Boyz on her own.
This episode provides examples of:
- Disappeared Artists Are Better: The Oh Boyz' kidnapping put them in the news and revitalized their flagging album sales.
- Dude Magnet: Upon seeing Kim for the first time, all four members of the Oh Boyz immediately express an interest in her, which she's obviously flattered by.
- Karma Houdini: While their long-suffering manager is punished for abandoning them, the Oh Boyz themselves are never called out for treating everyone like crap.
- The Prima Donna: The Oh Boyz are rather full of themselves and demanding.
- You Can Keep Her: The group's manager is perfectly happy to let them stay kidnapped — they were difficult to deal with and their concert attendance had been falling off to the point where they were losing rather than making money at each appearance. Better yet, from his point of view, the group's disappearance has rekindled their fame and sold lots of albums.