Recap: Kim Possible S 2 E 23 Partners
The students in Kim's class are assigned into teams to build science projects. Monique finds herself frustrated by Ron's lackadaisical attitude, and resists his plan to slack off and let her do all the work. Kim finds herself in the opposite situation, sidelined by know-it-all partner Justine, who wants to do the project her way without being distracted by any input from Kim.Meanwhile, Dr. Drakken and Shego steal a genetic mutation device, beating out DNAmy's attempt to take it for herself. However, Drakken finds it necessary to get DNAmy's help to actually use the thing. Working together, the two mad scientists unleash a dinosaur-like monster on Middleton.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Another Dimension: Justine's science project creates a dimensional portal, which is used to get rid of the dinosaur monster.
- Becoming the Mask: Drakken's plan was to charm DNAmy into helping him. He ends up actually developing a crush on her after she saves his life.
- Imagine Spot: At the end of the episode, DNAmy tells Drakken that she's in love with somebody else, and we see images of Monkey Fist longingly gazing at her picture. Given what we see later about Monkey Fist's actual attitude toward her, this is apparently a delusional fantasy on her part.
- Insufferable Genius: Justine makes it perfectly clear that Kim should just stay out of her way and let her do the science project right.
- Kissing In A Tree: Shego teases Drakken about his liking for DNAmy:Shego: I think you actually like her.
Drakken: Oh, please. I'm an evil manipulator, remember? She's a pawn in my scheme.
Shego: Uh-huh. That... (playfully twirls his ponytail) and you like her.
Drakken: Do not.
Shego: Do so.
Drakken: Do not infinity!
Shego: (singsong) Drakken and Amy sittin' in a tree... K-
- Love Triangle: Dr. Drakken eventually falls in love with DNAmy, but she's in love with Monkey Fist instead.
- Science Fair
- Villain Team-Up: Drakken and DNAmy