Recap: Kim Possible S 1 E 9 Attack Of The Killer Bebes
Ron tries out for the role of Middleton "Mad Dog" mascot. Kim and the other cheerleaders are not impressed. Meanwhile, Dr. Drakken has created a trio of "Bebe" robots which he has sent after the former friends who laughed at him in college... including Mr. Dr. Possible.
This episode provides examples of:
- Absentee Actor: This is the one and only Drakken-centered episode where Shego does not appear.
- Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate: When Ron mocks Drakken for not realizing the obvious connection between his old schoolmate (Mr.) Dr. Possible and his current nemesis Kim Possible, Drakken gets defensive and starts insisting that "Possible" is actually a common surname. He even goes looking for a phone book to prove his point, which ends up distracting him as Kim arrives.
- Killer Robot
- Latex Perfection: Ron uses his Movie Makeup Magic Kit to impersonate Kim's dad, causing the Bebes to kidnap him instead.
- Reunion Revenge: Dr. Drakken plans to avenge himself on the classmates who laughed at him in college.
- Start of Darkness: Tasked with recruiting dance dates for his friends, Drew Lipsky instead built primitive fembots. His friends laugh at him (Kim's dad admits that they kept it up for days), embittering him into dropping out of college and eventually becoming the evil mad scientist Dr. Drakken.
- Super Speed: The Bebes can move too quickly for the eye to see. Fortunately, they can apparently only manage short bursts before stopping.