Recap: Kim Possible S 1 E 10 Royal Pain
Middleton High is having elections for class president, and Kim signs up, while Bonnie recruits Brick Flagg to run against her. Before she can even work on her campaign, she's called away to a small country named Rodeghan, whose king, Wallace, needs her to protect his son Wally the Third, also known as "Weak Link Wally", from a band of tech savvy knights, the Knights of Rodeghan, who are seeking to end the country's monarchy.After foiling an attempt on Wally's life. Kim takes him back with her to Middleton, where he becomes intrigued by the presidential election and decides to run against her, with Ron dumping her and becoming Wally's campaign manager instead. Meanwhile, Kim investigates an ancient tapestry from the palace and learns that the prophecy predicts that Wally will be the end of the monarchy, but the spoiled prince convinces her nothing will happen since it must occur "in the shadow of the palace." Neither are aware that the knights have tracked the young prince to Middleton.Figuring the prince is safe, Kim then works on her campaign, only to recall that that Ron & Wally are at Middleton Mini-Golf which features a castle as one of the holes. She arrives in time and defeats the knights, saving Wally, who promises to vote for her in the election. Unfortunately, Wally still wins, but liked the experience so much, he decides to abolish the monarchy and establish democracy in his country, thereby fulfilling the prophecy after all. But first, he's going to stay in Middleton and finish out his term, much to Kim's displeasure.
This episode provides examples of:
- Buffy Speak: "Aah, pointy ball stick!" (mace starts shooting lasers) "laser pointy ball stick!"
- Hypocritical Humor: "This is a democracy people, now do as I say!"
- Inadequate Inheritor: King Wallace doesn't have much faith in Wally's ability to deal with the current crisis or (if he manages to make it that far) run the kingdom when the time comes.
- Micro Monarchy: Rodigan. According to Wade, "the Middleton Mall is more crowded".
- Prophecies Rhyme All the Time: This one does;Awaiting the light of a full harvest moon.Rodeghan's foe will soon face his doom.In the shadow of the palace, we will not be deterred.The monarchy ends, with Wallace the Third.
- Prophecy Twist: The prophecy "The monarchy ends with Wallace the Third" will come true — because Wally has decided that he will convert Rodhegan into a democracy.
- It also says the prince will meet his doom in the shadow of the palace, but it didn't specify which palace.
- Royal Brat: Prince Wally.
- Shout-Out: The ancient king resembles King Stefan from [[Sleeping Beauty.]] Seeing as Disney created both, this may not be a coincidence.
- After one of the knights thinks he's beaten Kim he says "all too easy."
- Status Quo Is God: Wally must have had the shortest class president term ever, as he was never seen again after this.
- Totally Radical: Wally appears to be a parody of this trope, as his first lines are "wassup homey-homes, I'm your main dude brother man and such."