Recap / Kim Possible S 1 E 11 Coach Possible
When Mr. Possible accidentally injures himself at PJ Bearymore's Pizza Party-torium, Kim is recruited to replace him as the coach of Jim & Tim's soccer team. However, her perfectionism (which Ron calls her "natural competitive Kim-ness") causes her to train the players hard, ruining their enjoyment of the game.
Meanwhile, Senor Senior Sr. is allowing his son Junior to plot their evil caper, which involves stealing the animatronics from PJ Bearymores (which Kim was earlier unable to stop). Junior plans to use them as dancers for his new nightclub, but Senior, disliking the plan, modifies the club disco ball to hypnotize people, planning to use it on Europe's elite to be named "king of everything."
Kim & Ron show up to stop the villains, but are hypnotized into becoming dancers for the club, until Wade manages to put sunglasses on them to block the ball's ray. However, Senior has modified the animatronics, and they attack our heroes, until Kim uses them to destroy the disco ball, freeing the guests, although the Seniors escape. Back on the soccer field, Kim is fired as coach and replaced by JP Bearymore.
This episode provides examples of:
- Animatronic Bears are Bad News: Especially when they've been modified to shoot Eye Beams.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Kim turns into the "coach" version as her perfectionism gets the better of her.
- Evil Laugh: Junior has a terrible one.
- Faux Horrific: Not only did Junior dress Pizza-Potamus in polyester, but, worst of all, he took JP Bearymore's banjo!
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: Wade calls in to find that Kim and Ron have succumbed to the hypnotic disco. He remote-controls Kim's Kimmunicator to put sunglasses on her, protecting her from the effect.
- Mind-Control Device: Junior builds a disco with hypnotic mirror balls. He plans to use them to make his guests dance; his father wants him to use the power in a more properly villainous way.
- Never My Fault: After Junior's scheme failed, Senior said that this is the last time he will let him take things over, and Junior remarked that this failure wouldn't happened if he hadn't taken over the project.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Apparently, the Kimmunicator as an extendable telescope and claw function that has never been seen or used before this.
- Noodle Incident: Kim once helped Mr. Blumberg travel travel the globe in 80 days by helping steer his balloon through a hurricane, and using Ron as ballast.
- Not So Different: Pointed out by Ron on how Kim & Senior both take charge of things;
Ron: No, he's just a control freak, you're...well yeah, you are alike, that's weird.
- The Parent Produced Project: Junior is only interested in creating a cool disco; Senior takes over the project (much to Junior's dismay) to convert it into a proper evil scheme.
- Poke the Poodle: Junior's evil plan involves setting up a club...then overcharging for beverages.
- A Rare Sentence: "I have no use for the otter and the beaver was off key."
- Shout-Out: "Junior, this is not a party, this is not a disco, this not fooling around."
- Suck E. Cheese's: JP Bearymore's Pizza Party-torium.
- Villain Exit Stage Left: Once again, the Seniors manage to escape, this time via a Smoke Out.
- Younger Than They Look: Dicussed, Kim thinks she could pass for a "tall 10 year old" if she wears a soccer uniform.