Kim rushes into school desperately attempting to get her paper printed and make it to class on time. She doesn't make it, and gets caught and given detention by Mr. Barkin. After going home with the bad news, she gets a call from Wade that sends her on a mission to investigate the theft of a tiny "robot tick". A security camera tape shows the thief; a bit later, Wade identifies her as Shego, a criminal wanted in eleven countries.
After Kim's first detention session abruptly ends when Mr. Barkin mistakes Rufus for a mutant escapee from the science lab and evacuates the room, Team Possible pursues a lead that takes them to Dr. Drakken's Carribean island lair. After getting captured, escaping from a Shark Pool Death Trap
, and making their way through a fight that seriously damages the lair, they return home.
Back in detention, one of the others tells Kim she has a "zit" on her nose; in fact, it's the explosive "nano-tick" Drakken created from the stolen robot. The situation comes to a head when Drakken and Shego track down the device, ready to take it back if they have to take Kim's nose along with it.
This episode provides examples of:
- Ass Kicks You: Shego's final defeat comes when Big Mike sits on her.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Mr. Barkin's hair is blond in this episode instead of its usual dark brown.
- Excuse Me Coming Through: Kim at the beginning of the episode, desperately racing through the halls in a (failed) attempt to make it to class on time.
- Foreshadowing: Ron appeared to be very interested and was busy listening to Drakken gloating about his scheme while they retrieve the tick disk. Fast forward to Bad Boy, where Ron's Superpowered Evil Side is unleashed.
- Hello, Nurse!: Ron's initial reaction to Shego.
OK. Look. I took that freeze-frame from the security camera. Her name is Shego. She is wanted in eleven countries. Ron:
Make that twelve
- Late for School: The episode opens with Kim desperately racing to print out a report and get to class on time. She doesn't quite make it and gets detention for being late.
- Out of Order: This episode is clearly Team Possible's first encounter with Dr. Drakken and Shego, who were seen earlier (by original broadcast order) in "Crush".
- The Reveal/Captain Obvious Reveal: We first see Drakken by flickering firelight, obscuring his blue skin color to be revealed later... except that it's already been seen in "Crush".
- Spinning Clock Hands: Parodied — the clock hands speed up while Kim is in detention until Mr. Barkin hits the clock, mutters that it's broken again, and resets it to indicate that only five minutes have passed.
- Sticky Bomb: The nano-tick.
- This Cannot Be!: Drakken is absolutely shocked when Shego is defeated, apparently for the very first time. Of course, he has plenty of opportunity to get used to it.