Recap: Kim Possible S 1 E 3 The New Ron
Kim convinces Ron to get a new haircut and calls in a favor from Francois the hair stylist. Ron is initially dismayed by the results, but gets a lot more confident after getting complimented on his new look. However, his hair refuses to lie flat, and Kim calls in another favor for a trip to France for more hair gel and a trim.Soon after they arrive, the power starts going out all over Paris; Wade discovers that the problem is Europe-wide and traces it to a massive power drain at a location that turns out to be the private island of Seņor Senior Senior. Kim convinces Senior to adopt energy-efficiency improvements so he'll stop overwhelming the power grid, while Ron takes in the sight of his mansion and compares it to a supervillain lair. After Team Possible leaves, Senior muses that he'd needed a hobby....After an interlude of Ron enjoying his new popularity, Wade calls with the news that Senior is draining the power grid again, deliberately this time, and demanding that Europe turn over its "nice little islands". Team Possible returns, dodging the various death traps Senior has installed as part of his new villainous lifestyle. They stop the power drain, but the Seniors escape in a speedboat. Along the way, Ron's hair gets permanently mussed back to its old condition.
This episode provides examples of:
- Big Blackout: The Seniors black out Europe twice — first by accident, then deliberately after Seņor Senior Senior takes up supervillainy as a hobby.
- Chick Magnet: When Ron gets his hair gel'ed, girls start to notice him. When he completes his new look with designer cloths, Girls stare at him as he walks by and he has group of girls staring at him dreamily during lunch.
- Eccentric Millionaire: The Seniors are established as this, even before taking up villainy.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Seņor Senior, Senior got the idea of taking up villainy as a hobby because Ron was so impressed by how much his mansion resembled a supervillain lair.
- Where The Heck Is Middleton: Seņor Senior Senior makes a properly villainous threat to destroy Middleton, complete with a map◊ showing part of the western United States. The suggestion that Middleton is in Colorado (which is at the center of the map) is a fairly common bit of fanon, but later episodes gave other hints that don't square with this (or with each other).
- Wimp Fight: Ron and Junior get into a fight that mostly consists of deliberately mussing each other's hair.