Recap / Kim Possible S 1 E 14 October Thirty First
At the black market, Duff Killigan is preparing to sell Dr. Drakken the Centurion Project, which he has stolen, when Kim and Ron arrive, and they escape with the Centurion Project, stuck on Kim's wrist. Back in Middleton, Ron prepares for his annual trick or treating with Kim, who doesn't wish to go, due to feeling that she is too old. When she hears her brothers are also not going, and that Josh Mankey will be at Monique's party, she lies and tells Ron she's going to a haunted house at the Middleton Medical Center with her parents. However, when her mom overhears this, she lies to her and tells her she's going out with Ron.
Unknown to her, both Drakken & Killigan are looking to regain the project, and having overheard parts of her conversation, head off to retrieve it. Ron is interrupted and captured by Killigan, while Drakken & Shego arrive at the haunted house, but both are surprised to not find Kim. Kim meanwhile, has learned the Centurion Project activates when it's user is stressed (which she becomes when she lies/is embarrassed in front of Josh), causing the Centurion Project to slowly cover her.
Hearing about the danger, Kim leaves the party and battles the villains, which she easily defeats with the Centurion Project. However, her parents, Ron, and even the villains themselves, chew her out over lying and she is grounded for a month. Josh comes over to visit, and Ron offers him the chance to come trick or treating with him, which he oddly accepts. Kim then asks if she can come with them next year, but is ignored.
This episode provides examples of:
- Captain Obvious: After Killigan calls Drakken a criminal for refusing to pay him for the Centurion Project, Drakken replies "my dear fellow, I repeatedly try to Take Over the World, of course I'm criminal!"
- Comically Missing the Point: Kim tells Ron she doesn't want to go trick or treating that year, due to some kid calling her "ma'am" the previous year.
Ron: That just means you command respect.
Kim: I was dressed as a clown.
Excuse me, I believe you were a hobo.
- Continuity Nod: The location where Killigan attempts to sell the Centurion Project is the black market from ''Number One'' (which was, ironically, Killigan's previous appearance).
- Curse Cut Short:
Bunny Kid: (to Ron) Mister, could you not do "smell my feet?" It's really lame.
Ron: Hey, unicorn came to play!
Bunny Kid: You're not a unicorn, you're just a horse's...
- Empathic Weapon: How the Centurion Project works; when it's wearer is stressed in combat (or lying, in Kim's case) it creates a Powered Armor to protect them.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Drakken, Shego, and Killigan are all disappointed with how Kim is lying to both Ron and her parents.
Drakken: I, for one, am extremely disappointed in Kim.
Shego: I know! Lying to her parents and her best friend, hmm!
Killigan: She'll be working long and hard to regain my trust.
- False Reassurance: Mrs. Possible tells Kim that her brothers are looking forward to drenching her in fake blood "at least I hope it's fake."
- Full Name Ultimatum: When Kim's parents find out she lied so that she could go to a party instead of her usual trick-or-treat rounds with Ron — "Kimberly Anne Possible! Wherever you are, you are in big trouble!"
- Halloween Episode.
- Powered Armor: What the Centurion Project can become.
- Running Gag: People mistaking Duff for a lady, due to him wearing a kilt.
- Serious Business: Kim lying; even her enemies are shocked that she would do so.
- Shout-Out: "You apparently are stressed more when you lie than when you fight. Way to go, Pinocchio!"
- Skewed Priorities: Ron was less upset that Killigan captured him, than he was that it cost him his trick or treat time "I'm not getting that time back!"
- Strange Minds Think Alike:
(Drakken is seen cruising around town in his hovercraft with a listening device, which gives out)
Drakken: Stupid machine, never works when I'm roaming!
(cut to Killigan in his blimp)
Killigan: (regarding his radar) Foul machine, never works when I'm roaming!
- You Are Grounded: For one month.