Recap: Family Guy S 2 E 5 Whistle While Your Wife Works
Original air date: November 12, 2006 After Peter blows off his fingers from some fireworks, Lois steps in to help him out at work (and Peter sexually harasses her because he wants to have sex with her in his office). Meanwhile, Stewie discovers that Brian has a girlfriend...one who's (to put it mildly) not very bright.
This episode contains examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: Brian tells an anecdote about how he accidentally called William Rehnquist "William Rhinequist". Jillian and her friends just stare blankly before going to the ladies' room.
- Bowdlerization: On the FOX and free-TV syndicated version, Stewie's question to Brian about Jillian after she tells Brian about Hitler (not knowing that it's a documentary) was "Are her parents brother and sister?" On Cartoon Network and DVD, the line is "Is she retarded?" The DVD commentary does mention the hypocrisy of allowing references to incest to cover up the reference to mental retardation.
- Common Knowledge: Invoked; when Stewie tests Jillian on the capitol of Rhode Island, she answers "Rhode Island City?".
Stewie: (laughs) It's like she's fucking five!
- Couch Gag / Something Completely Different: The opening sequence begins normally, but when Peter gets to the top of the steps, he trips and falls down the steps, crushing a dancer. He then complains about his swollen foot and Stewie tells the camera man to cut to the episode.
- Dumb Is Good / Kindhearted Simpleton: Although Jillian's obviously very unintelligent, she's also a genuinely a kind and friendly person.
- Hypocrite: Lois comes across as one when she makes fun of Brian for going out with Jillian, despite the fact that her own husband is just as stupid as Jillian is—if not stupider.
- If I Had a Nickel: Subverted when Jillian asks Brian what would happen if he had a nickel.
- Overly Long Gag: Peter's elaborate method of hiding his porn from Lois.
- Perfectly Cromulent Word:
Jillian: Well, I just think, for starters, that sometimes the government has things they can't tell us and, truthishly, we should just accept that.
- Seinfeldian Conversation: Quagmire's annoyance that he's the only fan of Wings amongst the four guys.
- The Stoner: When Brian says that he and Jillian talk about The Real World, Stewie tells him, "You hate MTV!" Brian responds, "Pot helps."
- Take That: To Mr. 3000, which Jillian is having difficulty starting, implying of course that only an idiot like Jillian would enjoy that movie.