Ed, Edd N Eddy, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G...Nagged to Ed is the second episode of the Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy cartoon series, first aired in 1999.The episode begins with the Eddy and Ed departing with Double D into the forest for DD's bug experiments, only to have a haunting encounter with the newly arrived neighbors, the Kanker Sisters, May, Lee and Marie, who all have crushes on them. They awaken in their trailer, where the sisters are unusually hospitable to them. Double D is rightfully fearful of the sisters, but Eddy is more than eager to be right at home with them. The Eds are swooned by their cooking, but apathy to the Kanker's advancements result in three women scorned, as the Kankers force the Eds to do their house chores. Naturally, Hilarity Ensues as they fail miserably at their tasks.This is also the first episode where Eddy mentions his brother, albeit in an off-hand comment that the trailer park looks like a postcard he sent to him once.
—The Kankers when the Eds first encounter them in the forest.
- Abhorrent Admirer: The Kankers.
- Bigger on the Inside: The inside of the Kankers' trailer looks more like a two-story house.
- Department of Redundancy Department: "Mud tracker! You're tracking mud!"
- Distaff Counterpart: The Kankers to the Eds.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: The first of many, many examples the series had of the controversial Kankers. While they're by no means sympathetic characters, a gender-swapped version of their relationship to the Eds would be horrifying.
- Early Installment Weirdness: This is arguably the only time the Kankers are ever depicted sympathetically. There are hints that their bad attitudes are the result of personal trauma, and the Eds are shows to be somewhat ungrateful towards them (as grateful as you can be to someone who kidnaps you just to make you food and force you to be their husband). Later episodes would depict them as outright bullies with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
- Freudian Excuse: It's heavily implied that their mother blowing through three husbands and spending their adolescence impoverished is what lead to the Kankers' abusive attitudes, and it's easy to make the connection that this is why the only way they know how to show affection is by literally hunting for husbands, then get offended when the Eds don't immediately want to be their husbands after the sisters dote on them for a few minutes.
- Henpecked Husband: Parodied. The Kankers scold the Eds for not pulling their weight around the house and threaten to leave them mere hours after they've all met.
- Hypocritical Humor: Eddy laughs hysterically at the drawings that the sisters have drawn of themselves with Ed and Double D, then freaks out, screaming "That's not funny!!" when he sees the one of himself, which he tears off the wall and throws away.
- Medium Blending: "Fishbowl 2" on the TV is done via live action fish puppets on strings.
- Nothing Is Scarier: Outside of the voices, the only glimpse we get of the Kankers in their first appearance is their eyes, and then a brief silhouette rear-shot of then.
- Shaggy Dog Story: The episode seems like it's going to end like this—only for the Kankers to introduce junior dolls of the trio.
- Stalker with a Crush: What the Kanker sister start out as, in the most literal way. Before they even kidnap the Eds, they've learned their names, decided who will marry who and drawn fanart of them together. All this despite their claim that they only just moved in.
- Through His Stomach: The Kankers attempt to win over the Eds by cooking them greasy burgers topped with pure lard.