The Morgendorffers are invited to a wedding, where Daria meets her like-minded (and similar-looking) aunt named Amy, Helen gets drunk, Quinn gets hit on by a priest, and Jake tries to play golf without his wife knowing.
This episode provides examples of:
- Generation Xerox: Helen's sisters to her daughters: Amy and Daria, Rita and Quinn.
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: Helen and Rita slowly boil over throughout the wedding until the whole thing ends up in a screaming match between the whole family in the middle of the reception.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Aunt Rita's list of recent significant others: the sculptor was dumped, the skydiving instructor had a horrible accident, and "Bruno" is in a federal prison somewhere.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Helen spends the reception drinking.
- Mistaken for Gay: When Mack and Kevin hang out at the bridal expo, a wedding ring salesman mistakes them for a gay couple by saying that he sells rings for same-sex couples and "what [they] do with them is [their] business".
- Pedophile Priest: The minister's disturbing advances toward the fourteen year old Quinn.
- Running Gag: Daria's ill-fitted bridesmaid dress doesn't look of the same design as the other bridesmaids.
- Screw Politeness, I'm a Senior!: The tailor at the bridal shop insults Daria's body to her face.
- Spear Counterpart: Lerman to Daria.