Jake and Helen's hippie friends come over. Meanwhile, Daria and Jane join Trent and Jesse at the flea market.
This episode provides examples of:
- Actually Pretty Funny: After Daria tells Helen by phone that she's staying at Jane's, Helen asks her if she can give her room to Willow and Coyote. Daria's response? She had to make sure they were tied to the bed so they won't go floating around. Helen almost laughs at it, before realizing that Willow and Coyote are still in the room.
- Distaff Counterpart: Ethan has a lot more in common with Daria, like their dry deadpan attitudes. The first thing Ethan does is to pick Daria's room and lock himself in as soon as he saw it.
- Hippie Parents: Willow and Coyote have become this for their son. By the end of the episode, both start to finally grow out of the phase when they admit that the lifestyle is tiresome to keep up.
- I Was Quite a Looker: Discussed. Helen dotingly mentions how men get handsomer as they get older, Jake then carelessly states too bad the same isn't for women, he then backs off and leaves a worried looking Helen.
- Insult Backfire: Quinn hits a twofer with both Ethan and Daria.Quinn: Ethan?[...] You never told me if you thought that I'm... ya know, cute?Ethan: Oh. Well, sure, you're cute.Quinn: Thanks.Ethan: Ya know, in a shallow, superficial way.Quinn: Thanks!Daria: It's very hard not to complement you, isn't it?Quinn: Oh Daria! You don't have to say that.
- Like Father, Unlike Son: Despite growing up in a hippie household, Ethan turned out to be similar to Daria.
- The Man: Jake is afraid he's become the very thing he used to fight against.
- The '60s: Where some of the flashbacks took place.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: Willow and Coyote are still full believers in the hippie lifestyle, while Jake and Helen moved on to a more modern life.