Recap: Daria S 2 E 05
Jake and Helen's hippie friends come over. Meanwhile, Daria and Jane join Trent and Jesse at the flea market.
This episode provides examples of:
- Hippie Parents: Willow and Coyote have become this for their son.
- I Was Quite a Looker: Discussed. Helen dotingly mentions how men get handsomer as they get older, Jake then carelessly states too bad the same isn't for women, he then backs off and leaves a worried looking Helen.
- Insult Backfire: Quinn hits a twofer with both Ethan and Daria.Quinn: Ethan?[...] You never told me if you thought that I'm... ya know, cute?Ethan: Oh. Well, sure, you're cute.Quinn: Thanks.Ethan: Ya know, in a shallow, superficial way.Quinn: Thanks!Daria: It's very hard not to complement you, isn't it?Quinn: Oh Daria! You don't have to say that.
- The Man: Jake is afraid he's become the very thing he used to fight against.
- The Sixties: Where some of the flashbacks took place.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: Willow and Coyote are still full believers in the hippie lifestyle, while Jake and Helen moved on to a more modern life.