When Quinn gets a good grade on an English assignment, she embraces her (pseudo-) intellectual side while Daria worries that her airheaded sister may be smarter than her.
This episode provides examples of:
- Broken Aesop:Jane: Well, I guess things are back to normal.Daria: Yup. Fashion: good. Thinking: bad.Jane: ...yeah.
- Double Standard: Daria and Helen call Jake out on monetarily rewarding Quinn for a single good grade, while Daria gets consistent good grades and has never received a reward.
- Hidden Buxom: While appearing flat and curveless most of the time, when she dresses in the form-fitting baby tee and jeans, Daria looks like a slightly shapelier version of Quinn.
- Malaproper: Brittney calls Kevin a "Highschool Casa-blank-a" when she thinks he's womanizing with Quinn.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: When Daria dresses up in Quinn's style to get to her.