When Quinn gets a good grade on an English assignment, she embraces her (pseudo-) intellectual side while Daria worries that her airheaded sister may be smarter than her.
This episode provides examples of:
- Broken Aesop:Jane: Well, I guess things are back to normal.Daria: Yup. Fashion: good. Thinking: bad.Jane: ...yeah.
- Double Standard: Daria and Helen call Jake out on monetarily rewarding Quinn for a single good grade, while Daria gets consistent good grades and has never received a reward.
- Hidden Buxom: While appearing flat and curveless most of the time, when she dresses in the form-fitting baby tee and jeans, Daria looks like a slightly shapelier version of Quinn.
- Malaproper: Brittany calls Kevin a "Highschool Casa-blank-a" when she thinks he's womanizing with Quinn.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: When Daria dresses up in Quinn's style to get to her.
- We Want Our Jerk Back: While Quinn is not a jerkass, just shallow, the Fashion Club almost begged Daria to help them recover Quinn. Joey, Jeffy and Jamie actually got Daria's help only because Daria also decided thay "Quinn the Brain" was also annoying her.