"People don't fall in love with what's right in front of them. People want the dream. What they can't have. The more unattainable, the more attractive."
A mad science student is trying to make a girl for his Frankenstein's Monster of a brother, a old boyfriend of Cordelia's
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders
- Buffy Speak: It can even be used for dating!
Buffy: You might wanna avoid words like 'amenable' and 'indecorous', y'know. Speak English, not whatever they speak in, um...
You just say, 'Hey, I got a thing, you maybe have a thing, maybe we could 'have a thing
- Came Back Wrong
- Call Back: To the movie with Buffy catching a thrown knife.
- *Cough* Snark *Cough*
Cordelia: Why are these terrible things always happening to me?
Xander: *cough* Karma! *cough*
- Creepy Basement
- Failed Attempt at Drama
Buffy: It takes more than that to get rid of me! (falls in open grave)
- False Reassurance
Eric: You're gonna feel a little pinch, maybe some discomfort around the neck area. But don't worry. When you wake up, you'll have the body of a seventeen-year-old. In fact, you'll have the body of several.
- Grave Robbing
- Green-Eyed Monster: Buffy and Angel.
- Holding Hands: Buffy and Angel at the end.
- Hypocritical Humor: The girls watching the guys do all the hard work digging up a grave.
Buffy: Sorry, but I'm an old-fashioned gal. I was raised to believe that men dig up the corpses and the women have the babies.
- Love Makes You Crazy and do wacky things like bring your brother back to life, or do the "sexy dance" with your best friend.
- Mad Doctor
- Mirror Scare
- Mix-and-Match Man
- Never Live It Down (In-Universe): Willow predicts this about Buffy's "sexy dance" with Xander in the previous episode
- Nightmare Fetishist: Giles again.
Giles: Grave robbing? That's new. Interesting.
Buffy: I know you meant to say gross and disturbing.
Giles: Yes, yes, yes of course. Uh, terrible thing. Must, must put a stop to it. Damn it.
- Operation Jealousy: Buffy admits this was the reason for her "sexy dance" with Xander.
- Porn Stash: The size of Eric's scares even Xander.
- Rescue Romance: Spoofed when Xander blows his chance to score with Cordelia without even realising it.
- Rugby Is Slaughter: Giles is unimpressed by American football - why does a nation priding itself on virility feel the need to strap on forty pounds of protective gear just to play rugby?
- Security Cling: Cordelia to Angel. Buffy is not pleased.
- Self-Disposing Villain
- Screaming Woman: Cordelia of course.
- Shout Out: To Frankenstein
- Star-Crossed Lovers: The appeal of forbidden love is lampshaded by Xander. Buffy and Angel of course put it into practice.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Angel startles Buffy.
Buffy: Are you crazy?
You don't just sneak up on people in a graveyard. You make noise when you walk. You stomp or... yodel.
- Strapped to an Operating Table: Cordelia
- Surrogate Soliloquy / Emotionally Tongue Tied: Giles rehearsing asking Ms. Calender out for a date.
Giles: W-w-w-what I'm proposing is, um... and I-I don't mean to appear indecorous, is, is, um, a, a-a-a social engagement, um, a, a, a, a-a date, if you're amenable. (to himself) You idiot!
Buffy: Boy, I guess we never realized how much you liked that chair.
- Unwanted Revival