Radio: The Infinite Monkey Cage
The Infinite Monkey Cage is a BBC Radio 4 comedy and science series hosted by physicist Brian Cox and comedian Robin Ince, on air since November 2009.Each show discusses a specific science topic and normally has three guests; two scientists to offer an expert opinion, and third, normally a comedian, to add some levity. Occasionally, as in the case of Ben Miller and Dara Ó Briain (who both studied physics to Phd level), they may have a background in science too.
This series includes examples of:
- Berserk Button: Do NOT mention astrology near Brian Cox.
- British Brevity: Only six episodes per series, but in series one to three there were only four.
- Catch Phrase: "AND THIS IS OUR PANEL!"
- Expository Theme Tune: Having gone for several series without one, there is now a song specially written by Eric Idle.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: When introducing Sir Patrick Stewart in a episode about "Space Exploration" Robin Ince reels off a long list of his classical and Shakespearean theatre credits before ending with "and some American TV show as well".
- Running Gag: When a strawberry is considered dead.
- Brian's perfect hair (which may or may not be a wig).