Radar / Wizards of Waverly Place
- In the pilot episode "Crazy Ten-Minute Sale", Alex uses a spell to make a duplicate of herself to fool her dad so she can go shopping... except the duplicate barks like a dog.
Justin: It's perfect because that's what I hear when you talk to me.
- Also in the pilot episode, Max says he wants to make a duplicate in order to give himself a wedgie. His reasoning is that he wants to see what it feels like, but he wants to do it with someone he trusts.
- "Wow. Either you're really excited or your underwear is on too tight" in "Alex in the Middle"
- In one episode, Justin becomes invisible and he takes off his clothes, so that he could be completely invisible. This results in unfortunate, awkward lines:
Alex: What are you doing?!
Justin: This way I'll be totally invisible!
Alex: Eww, no, just hide!
He goes in a corner and Alex watches him.
Justin: (pause) Don't look! (She quickly turns away, embarrassed.)
Theresa: (looking at a pillow floating in midair) Wait, is he holding that pillow to...? (Pause) Oww, that's my good pillow... And since it's the only thing I can see, I don't feel very comfortable talking to it.
- In the begining of "Quinceanera", when Jerry and Alex switch their bodies, Jerry made the following statement on in Alex-form:
Jerry: Gosh, it's hot in here.
- He follows it up with "Gosh, I have a lot of hair." Right, Jerry, that's the reason being inside Alex is so hot.
- Later in that episode Alex's grandmother arrives, and the following exchange takes place.
Alex: How was your bicycle tour around New England?
Grandma: It was long. I was worried that the next time I saw that bicycle seat was gonna be in one of my X-rays.
- When the dance instructor in Justin's body is dancing with Theresa in Alex's body (as pictured above), he flirts with her brazenly and uses some very suggestive language.
- In the movie there's a scene similar to the one in the third Harry Potter movie with Justin hiding under his covers playing with his wand. Also another where Jerry, having forgotten that he and Theresa are married (so has she) is blatantly checking out her ass. And another where Alex wants to go to a party with an older boy and Theresa says that "at best he just wants to sell you more windsurfing lessons".
- And don't forget the crossover with The Suite Life on Deck where Moseby tells Zack to "entertain" himself with whatever is in his room. Cue Zack leering at Alex hiding behind his bed who reacts in something between disbelief and horror.
- Zack replied to Moseby, "I think I can make that work!"
- As well, after Moseby walked off, Zack looked to the sky and said, "Thank you!" in a quite dreamy tone.
- Don't forget the 'don't even THINK about it!' look on Alex's face when she stood up after Moseby left, and Zack turned to look at her...
- An interesting non-sexual example is in the episode "Paint By Committee" where the painting Alex is working on is clearly the classic Anarchy symbol. She says it's just the initial of her first name. Yeah, right. Or maybe she's getting crap past the radar in the story as well.
- How is that a possible radar detectee? Well, if you think for a few solid minutes, it'll come to you.
Max: Oh, I got a good rhyme.Corn.
Max: ...Ugh, I panicked.
- Also from that episode, the only reason Max's viral videos are so popular is that his mom yells "Knock it off!" at him in them. There's even a fan club of teenage boys devoted to her.
- This line is pure No Yay (as What The Buck points out):
Alex: What are you sorry for?
Justin: You're my little sister. I shouldn't be on you as much.
- Then again, this show was made by crap past the radar, when Justin's and Alex's relationship started to "develop". In the wrong direction.
- I Almost Drowned In a Chocolate Fountain episode.
- In the same episode, when she tells an extremely Hispanic elf that she doesn't want any of his chocolate, he assures her (in an uncomfortably seductive manner) that she soon will.
- Alex's dad has to have the "date talk" with her. When she tells him there's other people going on the date, he's perplexed and says that's not what a date was in his day. When Alex asks what was his date, her mom mouths 'No' to him.
- Alex and her crush's conversation goes like this:
I think you're pretty good
, Russo. Alex:
...At drawing? Dean:
If that's what you want to be talking about ...Then sure.
- Also in one episode:
Alex: All it takes is a pretty face, huh? Guys are so easy.
Justin: Yeah, we're pretty easy.
- After Jerry states that either grandchildren or Justin's new spell will make the family name live on, Justin displays his new spell.
Jerry: Your new spell's a woman's hand? I can't wait for the grandchildren.
- In another episode, Justin and Alex accidentally teleport themselves in a horror movie and two guys who work at the cinema start talking about them, just when their parents arrive there to hear the guys saying that some new characters named Alex and Justin strangely appeared in the movie and that they have such chemistry. This results in Theresa and Jerry comically widening their eyes . Of course, they do this because their kids got in trouble again, but the scene makes the viewer believe something else for a moment, due to the fact that only after they play the laughs, the guy continues his sentence, saying :"it's like they grew up together", just to save the appearances and to clean some of the crap induced.
- That movie involves sorority girls being mentioned as running into showers (which the character on the screen realizes is for no particular reason). And they're letting kids watch this show?
- Not to mention the pillow fight in their pajamas...That episode was chock-full of crap.
- One episode had this conversation between Justin and Max:
Max: Give up yet?
Justin: Of course not, I'm on top of you!
- In "Three Monsters" when Justin and Juliet are hugging:
Juliet: Justin, your hand's a bit low.
Alex: No, that would be me.
- The writers seem to think that Alex using Frankie Stein's detached hand instead of her own makes it more innocent but it doesn't. It really doesn't.
- To clarify: It's not a three person hug. Alex is off to the side!!!
- In one episode, the family's trying to come up with new sandwich names. Justin has a set of dice that combine a place name from New York City with a sandwich meat. He keeps rolling "Lincoln Tunnel Tuna." Apparently this refers to the prostitutes working in the Lincoln Tunnel, although "tunnel tuna" sounds incredibly dirty in and of itself. The family collective shows disgust when the name comes up, so...
- Plus, it is known that fish (tuna) is sometimes associated with the woman's reproductive organ.
- In "Alex's Logo", Theresa says that she was the most popular girl in her school, fact which is explained by Jerry who tells Alex that Theresa was popular because she was the first girl admitted in a boys highschool. And that event led to many, many things...
- In "Curb Your Dragon", Alex turns herself into a cat, then, when she turns back into her normal state, she's still licking herself. Cue Justin coming over to get an upclose view and comment on the situation, forcing Alex to unwillingly stop, with a guilty expression.
You're right, I'm sorry, I'm just a little panicked after what happened with Willy
Let it go, I was five!
Alex: (peeking just her head out from behind the door) JUSTIN. You're gonna love this, close your eyes.
Justin: ...okay but I'm not gonna taste anything... (She shiftily looks away.)
- From "Pop me and We Both Go Down"
- Alex notes that boys keep asking to be her biology lab partner, even though she is a 9th grader who isn't yet taking biology.
- The title, for that matter?
- The zit says a lot of stuff that could be construed as dirty, such as telling girls to shake their 'junk' and that he's been on thousands of girls' faces. It's a bit less dirty in context but not by much.
- From "Alex Does Good"
Alex is complaining about the Happy Helpers Club and the Hippie replies, "Like a Commune? Don't knock it till you try it!"
In "The Good, the Bad and the Alex", Alex tells Stevie she can 'mess' with her brothers as much as she wants. She means pranking but still ....
- Max has been the cause of the death of many characters: Stevie, The Mummy (he had help but he's the cause), and all the other monster hunters. Stevie and The Mummy's death were both on-screen, which is something you don't usually see in Disney shows.
- In Captain Jim Bob Sherwood, there are a couple of statements that can be taken the wrong way.
- Justin doesn't trust e-mails he opens stating he is a winner because people are trying to sell him vitamins. The most notorious 'vitamins' on the net have a purpose very specific to young men. This puts an added gag to Justin's embarrassment when Harper announces that his vitamins have arrived.
- Alex describing her idea for the comic mentions "girl pirates checking out 'his space rocket'" and a space monster "knocking away the taco and eating the rocket instead." Any other food could have been used instead of taco, and a space ship is not a space rocket unless you want it to be.
- Teresa says, "You two need to work this out together; together like your father and I." I'm all for teaching cooperation, but to compare a sibling relationship to a spousal relationship pushes the button on the fandom's most popular pairing.
- Alex says, "You know I could have just flashed you into that costume." Harper responds with her reticence because she feels there is a brief second when she's naked. Isn't that sort of the point?
- The episode "Fashion Week" has a model playing a game (don't take that the wrong way, it's a role playing game) with Justin and Zeke. This leads to this bit after the model gets Zeke's Invisibility Cloak:
Model: You've been exposed.
Zeke: Oh my gosh, I'm blushing.
Zeke: Where did you come from?
Model: Justin's Room.
Zeke: Alright Justin! (High fives.)
- In the episode "Tasty Bites", when Theresa goes on a health kick and drags Jerry along with him, Alex notes that his gym shorts are a little tight. As if to emphasize how tight Jerry's shorts are, they have a visible bulge in the front.
- Their work-out routine isn't exactly innocent either.
- In the episode "Moving On", we got this, which can either be really sexy or morbid depending on the context you see it in:
Alex: Didn't you see her (Juliet) hobble off into the woods? I think Mason ate her!
- Let's face it, the "Wizards Unleashed" scene where Harper and Zeke are alone could easily be implied as Harper trying to get a little too flirty with Zeke if it weren't for his line "I think she wants to kiss me" to Justin.
- There are even more implications of this when Zeke then says, "It's my first time."
- Two within a minute in "Three Maxes and a Little Lady". The Harper one Makes Sense In Context.
Max: Remember that time I lost my wand and we found it a year later when I got that x-ray?
Harper: All right, load me up gents!
- In the episode "Beast Tamer", Max is taking pictures of himself with random things. He then tells Justin that he will start taking pictures of "Things that sound like the float but don't". Max then says, "Like a fish taco."
- In "Detention Election", Eddie and Them told Justin to wear his pants lower. Wanting to win their approval, loosened his belt and complied. His reaction? "Wow. Everything's all loose and jangly!"
- "Harperella" has something for the foot fetishists, including Zeke Charming sniffing Harper's shoe and Theresa's foot. Also, Alex considers throwing one of the pigs to Mason's Big Bad Wolf. Note that the "pigs" aren't actually pigs but just Zeke, Justin and Max with snouts. What is it with this show and eating people? Oh and Harper's ball dress shows a rather nice amount of cleavage, for a Disney show anyway.
- Also in the same episode, after Mason (as the werewolf) asked who did the house with the straws, and when Zeke gets pointed out to be eaten first, you can see he ends up Flipping the Bird, while being brought up to Mason!
- In the finale, Harper says that the Smarty Pants could be dangerous, to which Zeke replies something to the effect of "How could they be dangerous? They don't have a zipper."
- Speaking of the Smarty Pants, a previous episode has Alex wearing them for a competition. Near the end, she takes them off during the competition, right in front of everyone. Granted, the side effects made her legs nothing but bones, but still...
- The Ogre from Alex and Harper's apartment asked if he could sleep next to Harper in the creepiest way possible (he would have been rooming with the Russos since the 13th floor apartment didn't exist anymore and the tenants all needed a place to stay). Whether or not it was only part of a ploy by Alex to get Harper to move back to the basement apartment helps or not is up to you. Similarly, Mason applied as a roommate for Alex and Harper. He blatantly wanted to get back with Alex at that point and from what we saw of the apartment set there were no closed off bedrooms. Yeah.
- From "Alex's Spring Fling":
I have a little quiet time for myself. Max:
What are you going to do, light some candles and take a bath? Justin:
My quiet time is my quiet time.
<<|Getting Crap Past the Radar