: A character with special abilities gets a free set of wings to go along with their latest powerup.
- Straight: Morgana finds the Light Prism and unlocks her Super Mode, complete with a pair of angel wings sprouting from her back.
- The wings Morgana grows when she unlocks her Super Mode are far too small to allow flight. In fact, they're hardly noticeable.
- The "wings" are merely symbolic styling to the outfit via small metal triangular extrusions on the upper back.
- Justified: Her Super Mode is an avian form.
- Subverted: When Morgana goes into her Super Mode, she doesn't actually grow wings.
- Double Subverted: ...until the climax of the fight when she uses all her power.
- Xander gains so many wings that he falls over, unable to stay aloft.
- Morgana hasn't actually found the Light Prism, but is able to achieve the exact same effect by duct-taping cardboard wings to herself.
- Instead of wings, Morgana gets helicopter propellers.
- Zig Zagged: Getting a power up gives you wings, except those are just stylized energy swirls in the Transformation Sequence, but a second upgrade makes them permanent, except the Bag of Spilling makes you lose them.
- Averted: Morgana and Xander's powerups don't come with wings.
- Enforced: "Wings look cool, so let's give her a pair of them!"
- Lampshaded: "The Light Prism contains a fraction of God's power - it's turned Morgana into an angel!"
- Invoked: Xander adds wings to his armor, hoping that it gives him a boost of power.
- Exploited: Morgana uses the Light Prism and grows a pair of feathery wings, only to find out General Drake was expecting just that and packs a bow with flaming arrows.
- Defied: Once Morgana becomes strong enough to pick a Super Mode, she chooses one without wings.
- Discussed: "Uh oh, Xander's new One-Winged Angel form has more wings! He must be getting stronger!"
- Conversed: "Isn't it funny how in every fantasy book the power of a character is proportional to the number of wings he or she has?"
- Played For Laughs: Morgana has trouble getting used to her new wings, and they get in the way frequently, keeping her from being able to go through doors or narrow corridors.
- Played For Drama: Xander has a long and terrifying Transformation Sequence, complete with constant screaming and writhing while the heroes recoil in horror.
Back to Power Gives You Wings