Playing With: Potty Emergency
: A character really needs to use a restroom, but is prevented by various obstacles.
- Straight: Alice needs to find a toilet, but all the ones she finds are either occupied, out-of-order, or out of her reach.
- Alice is on the verge of wetting her pants, and the nearest toilet is twelve million miles away through a labyrinth of falling water and people drinking lemonade.
- Alice declares that she needs to use the bathroom in episode 1, and is encountered four episodes later still searching for one.
- Alice leaves the scene in search of a restroom and returns some time later, her search having taken place entirely off-screen.
- She is having an emergency; it's just not to relieve bodily wastes.
- Alice has to go. The only bathroom she finds is occupied, but her only conflict is waiting for the current occupant to be finished.
- Alice was recently seen drinking a Gigantic Gulp, and all the restrooms in the mall are being cleaned or renovated.
- Alice felt the need to go to the bathroom at a bad time and in a place where there aren't many restrooms.
- Alice is locked in the bathroom and is trying to escape.
- Alice is in a desert and is desperate for a drink, but is constantly prevented from quenching her thirst.
- Subverted: While jogging, Alice mentions that she has to go, and quickly sees a port-a-potty nearby.
- Double Subverted: ...but it is immediately knocked over by a bulldozer. Cue the futile attempts to find a bathroom.
- Alice is on the verge of bursting her bladder before realizing that Nobody Poops, and then skips away happily.
- Alice is actually a mushroom, and realizes it does not need to pee.
- Zig-Zagged: Alice finds a public bathroom in a park, but discovers that the toilet is flooded. When she tries to leave, the door won't open. She attempts to use the sink, only to be interrupted by Bob the janitor, who informs her the lock is broken and suggests she climb out the window. While doing so, she gets stuck. After Charlie and Dave arrive and pull her free, she runs behind the building and relieves herself against the wall, not noticing the mens' room next door.
- Averted: Usable toilets are in every building, or Nobody Poops.
- Enforced: "We need to find a new way to make Alice a Chew Toy... our audience likes Toilet Humor, right?"
- Lampshaded: Alice asks the theme park's staff why it only has one bathroom.
- Invoked: Bob arranges a lemonade-drinking contest between Alice and Carol, then locks the bathroom door.
- Exploited: Carol sets up a pay toilet at Alice's outdoor rock concert.
- Defied: Alice always carries a porta-potty around with her.
- Discussed: "Why are you having so much trouble finding a bathroom?" "I don't know, all of them seem to just explode before I can go!"
- Conversed: "You'd think these characters would be able to hunt down a bathroom more easily..."
- Implied: A character laments the last time they had too much to drink or eat, or a character leaves the bathroom with a content sigh and comments on all the trouble they went through to find the restroom.
- Deconstructed: Fed up with trying to find a bathroom, Alice enters a back alley and gets mugged, assaulted, and/or kidnapped.
- Reconstructed: Alice readies a Taser or can of mace before entering the alley.
- Played For Laughs: Alice is one of several people waiting in a ridiculously long line to use the restroom.
- Played For Drama: Alice is a giantess in the middle of a major city, and does not want to cause a flood.
Back to the main page
, hurry! Cuz I HAVE TO PEE